• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

from some digging and from talking to my recruiter today I think that you will be auto selected at next board. He wasn’t 100% sure but was pretty sure that is how it would work.

Also, just as a heads up, I just got off the phone with my recruiter and he explained that for this upcoming board, theres a "hidden" criteria for immediate selection. Only candidates who are able to immediately ship upon selection qualify for immediate election this time around. He said this is coming from the aviation community manager and that all the officer recruiter regional heads heard about it on a "conference call."

x15adam

SNA Applicant
Also, just as a heads up, I just got off the phone with my recruiter and he explained that for this upcoming board, there's a "hidden" criteria for immediate selection. Only candidates who are able to immediately ship upon selection qualify for immediate election this time around. He said this is coming from the aviation community manager and that all the officer recruiter regional heads heard about it on a "conference call."
This checks out with what information I've gotten from my recruiter. He had an applicant who met the PA106 immediate select criteria who found out a week following package submission that he got selected and that his OCS ship date would be this March. In other words, immediate select really means immediate. I know some in this thread were wondering whether or not PA106 immediate select applicants were going to be evaluated before or during the board, hopefully this answers that question.

As to whether or not the PA106 immediate select program will run simultaneously with the proboard process or impact board selection rates, I have no idea. That being said, I have a feeling a reasonable number of SNA and SNFO slots will be available for those applying for the April 8 board otherwise I feel like there wouldn't be a board in the first place. In other words, if there's a board, there will probably be selections - otherwise the board would be a big waste of time for all involved.

Either way, nothing to do but stay positive, put your best foot forward and hope for the best.

Last edited:

x15adam

SNA Applicant
Do we have any idea how long immediate selection will last?
I don't see anything on the document itself as far as an end date. It seems quota based (based on line 3 of the document) but the quota itself doesn't appear to be public information (maybe it is and someone has the numbers). I'm hoping it keeps going for a while, I have to retest depth perception before I can submit and that's gonna cost me about 2 weeks (N3M processing time).

If you haven't already, you can read about PA106 here.

Charlietango234

I recently applied to the immediate select program and was told each Friday (weekly) they send results out. Anyone know about how long it takes to hear back after packet submission?

exNavyOffRec

From previous post about the subject apparently the last time they did this it didn’t last to long due to the skewing of applicants and so on.
This time the criteria seems to be based on actual data of those selected in the past, which means it could do better than the other attempts.

exNavyOffRec

I don't see anything on the document itself as far as an end date. It seems quota based (based on line 3 of the document) but the quota itself doesn't appear to be public information (maybe it is and someone has the numbers).
That is a standard blurb on all PA's, it refers to the yearly quotas that are allocated to OCS and ODS programs for each designator and is not referring to immediate selection but the the designator as a whole.

Tyr

Has anyone seen my wingman?
What's this about immediate select? I've been lurking a bit and would like a catch-up. I submitted my package not too long ago and told my recruiter I was ready to go whenever

Tyr

Has anyone seen my wingman?
What's this about immediate select? I've been lurking a bit and would like a catch-up. I submitted my package not too long ago and told my recruiter I was ready to go whenever
Nvm, I dug deeper into this. It's making me a little worrisome, I am not going to lie. I 100% could've done better on my ASTB but it wouldn't matter because of my GPA. On the bright side of things, I think my motivational statement and letters of rec help me stand out more. Fingers crossed. If I don't get selected for this board, I'll just retake the ASTB to make up for my GPA.