• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC,OCS,PLC, and Basic School

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHENZE

I have been looking at several websites and was wondering the process of Officer Selection for the Marines. I was wondering the difference between OCC and OCS and Basic School. If anyone has the length of each process that would be great too.

Thanks

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is much info on this site a quick search can answer most questions.
OCC is Officer Candidate Class, a program for college graduates to attend OCS-Officer Canidadte's School, a place

TBS is The Basic School, a place where those who make it through OCS go to learn how to be an officer.

OCC is 10 weeks at OCS

TBS is 6 months

DHENZE

Thanks for the quick reply and just one more question I have been reading on this site about OCC 190/191 etc.. does OCC have several classes a year or is it just a summer thing.

Thanks again

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
OCC since it is for graduates runs year round I dont know what numbers correspond to what time period but I do know that winter in Quantico is no joke but then again summer isnt so good either

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
OCC happens 3 times per year: summer, fall, and winter.

You can view all the report and graduation dates on the OCS website.

OCC-190 runs from 10-09-05 to 12-16-05
OCC-191 runs from 01-22-05 to 03-31-06

Status
Not open for further replies.