• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC Application - Flight Experience??

Status
Not open for further replies.

riley

I have a private pilot certificate and mentioned this fact to my OSO when I first started the application process. I finally contracted this week for OCC 185 (SNA) - but I don't recall ever filling out a form or a blank on a form to say that I have flight experience.

Is there such a form or area where I can list my experience on the application?

I plan on asking him this Friday, but just wanted to check to see what others had to say.

kimphil

Originally posted by riley mcconnell
I have a private pilot certificate and mentioned this fact to my OSO when I first started the application process. I finally contracted this week for OCC 185 (SNA) - but I don't recall ever filling out a form or a blank on a form to say that I have flight experience.

Is there such a form or area where I can list my experience on the application?

I plan on asking him this Friday, but just wanted to check to see what others had to say.

Ask your OSO if he mentioned it. He has to write up a recommendation for you that is submitted with your application.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
If you're contracted, then don't worry about it. You'll be asked in TBS, but don't make a big thing of it---unless you've got several hundred hours it won't make much of a difference to the instructors or your experience in the program. While you will be a few steps ahead of those without the experience (better SA) in the early FAM's of Primary it won't be a Day/Night difference and everyone will finish pretty much on an even keel.

SliderSD

I just recently got contracted for 185 Jan. I mentioned to my OSO that I had my Cert. as well. In my original application I put the amount of hours etc. I believe it is taken into consideration during this selection period. Only as a minor detail though. after OCS and before TBS you will be asked the amount of flight time you have and as Boomer said it will help during the inital period of training. Good Luck to you. By the way where are you based out of?

Sins

I am pretty sure that a copy of my cert is in my OCC-185 package along with my CCNA cert. I mentioned that I am persuing the private pilot's license in the college activities area of my application (I took ground school through a JC). I hope it helps me get selected.

If your cert didnt make it in, follow kimphil's good advice: tell your OSO to mention it in his write up.

reapergm

I love how OSOs differ. I was told that flight hours weigh a good amount. I had to make a copy of my log book. I also got a LOR from my instructor. Those are both being submitted.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
You definitely want to include it in your package when you submit. I have no idea how much weight they place on it. I would ASSUME it would be quite a bit. After you've contracted though, it's not near as important.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Tonto:

You just need to worry about those chaps and making your sack available to the public eye! Beyond that, you're good to go.

Go Frogs!

Jason

riley

Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated.

Slider, I'm out of Ft Worth, TX and have been working with the 8th Marine Corps District Office out of Dallas.

By the way, good luck to all of you going for 185 - hope to see ya in January.

SliderSD

Good to go. I may be traveling through the area, if selected, because I have family in the Ft. Worth area. Thats why I ask.

By the way to everyone, I have recently heard from my OSO office, They stated that district for the West Coast region has 73 applicants. I did not confirm if that is just air or if it is air/ground combined.

The good news. More males will be selected this board since no females go to the January class. Aparently the October class, I didnt apply for, but they had to fill quotas not by who is best qualified but by the numbers. This means better opportunities for everyone. Good luck to everyone. LET THE WAITING BEGIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.