• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 198

jklefa2

Hey I just got word (01-Feb) that I was accepted into OCC 198 air this summer. Anyone out there joining me???

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
i'll be suckin' quigley water right next to ya.
That stuff is more "other" than water ... I would not recommend drinking :D Just because the water moccasins are drinking it doesn't mean you can ...

Have fun guys - don't forget to hydrate with the good water :icon_wink

Lawman

None
Have fun guys - don't forget to hydrate with the good water :icon_wink

Just to clarify since this is your guys first time, the good water water is the stuff thats been sitting in the bottom of a rusty water buffulo baking in 110 degree sun at Training Area 2.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
after the quigley, wash out those canteens a few times before you drink from them. Unless you really need the water or if they tell you to drink it of course. Theres a lot of bacteria in that shit. Some of those canteens arent exactly in good condition.

Conaway

The quigley will be over before you know it. We went through it once in 196 and it was no more than 20 meters. Definitely DO NOT drink from your canteen afterwards if you can help it. Just resigned for this summer. I had to change to ground to go, hopefully there will be a few spare air slots in TBS this fall.

For those of you that are new to the game, if you have questions, shoot em to me. I had 9 weeks in OCC196.

Conaway

Hey I just got word (01-Feb) that I was accepted into OCC 198 air this summer. Anyone out there joining me???

Congrats! You are one of the lucky ones. Only 10% of OCC candidates will be air this summer. I guess I should have decided to go back sooner.

bradler

after the quigley, wash out those canteens a few times before you drink from them. Unless you really need the water or if they tell you to drink it of course. Theres a lot of bacteria in that shit. Some of those canteens arent exactly in good condition.

Also when you pick up your gear, especially canteens. Wash them out with bleach... I never cleaned mine when i turned it in. :D The whole time at OCS mine smelled like mold but I stayed strong and didn't let it stop me.

Trev82

pilot
Yea i'm gonna have to go with radler on this one, i maybe washed mine once the entire time, pretty disgusting but got the job done, and i never got sick. The quigley is pretty nasty but you don't go through it that much, i honestly think the IMC is probably just as bad if not worse..well good luck 198

OCSCAND

I'll have to agree with Trev on this one. The IMC is far worse! Those twigs and mud and shit gets stuck everywhere. Pain in the ass! Also, for the canteens, I'd recommend using listerine to rinse them out. Smells and tastes a little better and kills all the germs.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Come on guys - I never cleaned my canteens, and I am still kickin.

If you don't happen to have any bleach or listerine around, a few rinses will probably be just fine.

Then again, I was always a dirty kid so I may have ingested enough bacteria over the years to not be affected. ;)

Conaway

Come on guys - I never cleaned my canteens, and I am still kickin.

If you don't happen to have any bleach or listerine around, a few rinses will probably be just fine.

Then again, I was always a dirty kid so I may have ingested enough bacteria over the years to not be affected. ;)

Ha. I agree that rinsing works fine if you don't have listerine or anything. Anything that can live through steaming hot water deserves to live.

jklefa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklefa2

Congrats! You are one of the lucky ones. Only 10% of OCC candidates will be air this summer. I guess I should have decided to go back sooner.

Really??? Where did that info come from? Did anyone else hear that?

Conaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklefa2

Really??? Where did that info come from? Did anyone else hear that?

From my OSO.