• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 197

rwstelma

I'll be there with you guys as well. I just got the final word last Thursday. My OSO told me we can take under armour cold gear, but it has to be OD Green. He said I should definitely get it and that it will save our butts... So I just wanted to pass the word on to the rest of you. You can get it by going to www.underarmour.com and clicking on the tactical link. There you will see the color "Marine OD Green".

I am coming from CT and driving down. I am coming down a day early though and staying in a hotel near the base so I am not driving 6 hrs the day I have to report. Anyone else doing the same?

sr338

Congratulations to you gentlemen who were recently selected.

I am coming from CT and driving down. I am coming down a day early though and staying in a hotel near the base so I am not driving 6 hrs the day I have to report. Anyone else doing the same?

My new best friend!

lacasera

Currently in a med hold pattern at API
i'm applying for an air contract for 197, but I haven't gone to the boards yet. My OSO told me they meet on Monday, and that I won't be hearing until the end of next week, so it looks like i'll have about one week to prepare if i get accepted (he says i have a 90% chance of getting accepted) However, I still need to do my flight physical. My OSO is trying to get someone at either oceana or sewells point to do it, but he hasn't had any luck yet. any ideas on where to go? I guess I could even go anywhere in the country - i just want to get this taken care of so I can make the January class.

jjohnson

Option

I'll be there with you guys as well. I just got the final word last Thursday. My OSO told me we can take under armour cold gear, but it has to be OD Green. He said I should definitely get it and that it will save our butts... So I just wanted to pass the word on to the rest of you. You can get it by going to www.underarmour.com and clicking on the tactical link. There you will see the color "Marine OD Green".

If you need a place to crash for the night, you can stay at my place and drive now with the rest of us. We are meeting our OSO at Q-Town and I live in Alexandria, VA (about 20 away).

Also, if anyone needs to rent/lease a condo - just let me know :)

Lastly, I am in the same boat as some waiting for the board on Monday and still waiting on confirmation. As far as the cold and c course and o course, I checked them out and 197 should be FINE!! But I love running marathons and runnning in the cold so BRING IT !!

Jason

jjohnson

Henderson Hall/ Prep before 197

If you need a place to crash for the night, you can stay at my place and drive now with the rest of us. We are meeting our OSO at Q-Town and I live in Alexandria, VA (about 20 away).

Also, if anyone needs to rent/lease a condo - just let me know :)

Lastly, I am in the same boat as some waiting for the board on Monday and still waiting on confirmation. As far as the cold and c course and o course, I checked them out and 197 should be FINE!! But I love running marathons and runnning in the cold so BRING IT !!

Jason

If anyone is driving or needs any under armour or gear, let me know and we can go to Henderson Hall or Q-Town so we don't have any excuses or to DOR! - Not that I am expecting that. Congrats on everyone selected and don't do anything major to get injured before the 18th!! My PFT is 261 and I plan on just resting / doing light PT.

Jason_Johnson@verizon.net

Jbramps

I just got the good word from my recruiter. Ill be freezing my ass off up there with you guys in less than two weeks. Best of luck to everyone who hasent heard yet.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Good luck to all. did anyone ever figure out the official date for 197 to start? I know there was confusion about shipping dates because sometimes different OSOs ship different dates, but there was talk about errors on the OCS site. Just curious....

Jbramps

I'm going up to raleigh on friday the 18th to meet up with all the candidates from my OSO's office then we are all driving up on the 19th.

Freezerburn7

So quick question for some of you guys heading up to 197 with me, My PFT is good to go, 265ish these days. My push ups are weak though, Ive been focusing so much on PFT that I havent really improved ,my push ups very much. Will I get NPQ'd or even catch a lot of grief for not completing a set of push ups during PT? Any idea how many push ups are expected of us during the CRT?

Carno

Insane
IIRC, there's around 50 on the CRT. Don't worry though, you'll do plenty of pushups before you have to do the CRT.

stevew

Can anyone recommend how much PT we should be doing this week. Like how many miles should we be running as well as pushups/pullups/crunches etc. I know we have a few days to recover since the in-pft isn't until Tuesday but I still want to stay on top of the game, I am always nervous that I wont be able to PT well enough so I am always pushing myself but I don't want to take it too easy either.

TIA and see you guys next week.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
take it easy and dont get hurt the week before you go. I suggest maybe do some light jogs and some pushups and situps...stuff like that. Dont go doing anythign that will hurt you or make you sore and weak. And I reccommend using that pullup bar in the squadbay and doing some situps those first few days before the in pft. You'd be surprised what all those months of hard work and taking 3 days off does to your PFT score.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Hanging in the hotel in Dumfries the night before the storm begins...probably won't sleep much this evening. I was really expecting it to be much colder up here. It's really not that bad. Here's to hoping it stays that way.

So, before I head in, I just wanted to say thanks to all the board members for the helpful info and motivation. It'll make the 10 weeks that much easier.

If any other 197'ers see this, good luck, and I'll see you tomorrow at in-processing. Fun times ahead!

See you on the flip side....

S/F

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Dumfries? You couldn't splurge for Alexandria or Stafford. Move the bed in front of the door so you don't get robbed.

Good luck. Once you cross the railroad tracks...

Shit doesn't really start to happen for a few days, but yo are going to lose a lot of sleep. And trust me, you and your fellow dirtbags are going to cause plenty of friction for yourselves the next few nights before bedtime.