• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC-196 Dropout.

guim13

I was a Navy OCS DOR and I got a air contract with the Marines. Anythings possible man. Hit me up if you got any questions, it was actually a pretty painless process for me.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I was a Navy OCS DOR and I got a air contract with the Marines. Anythings possible man. Hit me up if you got any questions, it was actually a pretty painless process for me.

I am sure you've put thought into this, but I hope you figured out why you DORed and why you won't do it again, because if you think Marine OCS is going to be easier than Navy OCS.... I'll let a Marine correct that....

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
I am sure you've put thought into this, but I hope you figured out why you DORed and why you won't do it again, because if you think Marine OCS is going to be easier than Navy OCS.... I'll let a Marine correct that....

I'll field that one. Marine OCS is longer and harder than Navy OCS. Funny, so are most Marines. :D

The Corps is now 211,000 strong. So we overshot our original goal of 202,000. Not exactly sure which MOS's are long and which ones are short, but overall I don't think these numbers help your chances.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'll field that one. Marine OCS is longer and harder than Navy OCS. Funny, so are most Marines. :D

The Corps is now 211,000 strong. So we overshot our original goal of 202,000. Not exactly sure which MOS's are long and which ones are short, but overall I don't think these numbers help your chances.

I was hoping to get one of the guys who have specifically gone to both Navy AND Marine OCS. There are a couple on here.

Basically the consensus was that Marine OCS = physically harder. Navy OCS = psychologically harder.

BTW.... Navy OCS is longer. 12 weeks versus 10 weeks, or two 6 week trips for PLC. ;)

srqwho

pilot
Hello everyone, I will spare you the details and get straight to the point. 2-3 years ago i received an AIR Contract in the USMC. I believe my class was 196. For family/personal reasons, i "DOR'd" on week 4. The colonel of OCS told me he would not let me apply again. Of course, that decision has been haunting me ever since. I would like some suggestions on what i could do to be accepted again and what my chances are. I scored pretty well on the astb and my pft was also good. I just obtained my CFI and have about 300 hours of flight time. Please let me know what you guys think.

You, more than likely, have an RE-3 code, which isn't a nail in the coffin, but certainly is a foot in the grave. You CAN apply again, BUT you will need a waiver, and a recruiter willing to work with you. Having said that, the waiver, from what I was told, does look "unfavorable".

I had a possible medical NPQ situation at OCS (Navy) and I did some research while I waited on results and both an NPQ and a DOR are RE-3 codes, despite what you might have been told, the only difference in the 2 being the designator letter after the code (i.e. DOR = RE-3K I think, and NPQ is RE-3P). I could be wrong on the letters, but you get the idea. An attrition I think earns you an RE-4 code, which to my knowledge is a "you're done for good" type situation.

Now the above info is from what I remember... and could be a little off. Google this junk and do the research. Like C420sailor said, all you can do is try. Good luck.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Who cares which is harder, longer, faster ... whatever. If it gets you where you want to be, well there ya go ...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Who cares which is harder, longer, faster ... whatever. If it gets you where you want to be, well there ya go ...

+1. I wasn't starting a wang contest, SIMPLY repeating what I remember was discussed on here long ago.

I believe Harrierdude was one who did both as did a couple more recent attendees.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot

While I dont know the details of Navy OCS and will not debate which one is harder (though I can vouch that Marine OCS was definately a gut check), the past details of someone who DORed from one and got accepted into the other will be made known and will probably serve to form a first impression with the staff who are ultimately in charge of screening and evaluating said Candidate. Not a position I would feel to comfortable with.

My best advice is get ready to put out.

guim13

I never got shit for being a Navy DOR. I dont think they bothered to look into my record to find it. I would say Marine OCS takes more mental toughness than Navy OCS. I knew if I got hurt or had another issue at Navy OCS that I could sit in whatever that bay in across from the first bay you live in and wait to start again. Marine OCS is a ticket home if your broke or got a leadership issue. I will say that welcome aboard ( I think that is what it was called, the Saturday that you move downstairs and get a view of the NAPS field) is the hardest thing I have ever done physically. Any Marine can do it, but its not fun. Its kinda like those sessions with the Color SGT but about 4 times longer and without a M-16.