• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 188 Who's Going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin

ya....tell them before Xmas. man, that's like the doctor coming into the room, and with a big happy smile exclaiming "hey pal, you have cancer...congrats!"

Zwoda

I found out today that I was selected as well (3.2 GPA, 273 PFT, 7/9 air test), coming from central PA.

Is anyone else currently doing the pretraining workout on the official OCS site? I'm finding that its a bit too light, that even my out of shape self is doing more miles/pushups/situps than it entails.

I wasn't aware that the PRK backlog was so great... I guess I'll wind up wearing my glasses for a bit longer than I anticipated, heh.

Broadsword2004, I was under the impression you could take the PFT as many times as you wanted, OSO and time permitting, as long as it was before a certain date.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
yes, you can take your PFT over and over and over again. Boots: You have an approved boot, and you may bring them if you are not a prior. I was looking into it, but was talked out of it by a couple people I know that went through fairly recently (3 and 6 years ago respectively). You will have plenty of time to break-in the boots you are issued, and according to crowbar (recent PLC graduate and site moderator) one pair of boots is enough to use for nasty stuff like the combat course, and wet muddy days, and save one for inspections.

Crowbar

None
Ah! I don't remember saying that!
Definitely, if you can get an extra pair, take them. If not, as long as you manage your boots wisely (use the same pair for nasty evolutions all the time, even if they are still wet), two pairs will do. A key to that is the days/nights that your gear is left outside to dry, have firewatch bring boots up to dry in front of the fan. See, these are the things that aren't in the candidate regs that you need to know.....

Midshipmanjosh

Hey guys,
I just ran across the site last week, and i am planning on applying for the June OCS class.

3.0 GPA -- Elec. Engineering (fall 05)

I am about ready to start application process. I actually talk to my OSO tomorrow. Any words of wisdom or mistakes that ya'll made that i can learn from?

Oh yeah, I am from the south in case ya'll couldn't tell.

As far as the physical goes, can you earn extra points by exceding the limits of each exercise. IE. I am capable of doing 120-132 situps in 2 min. I think i read that for 100% in this area you need only 100. Do the extra situps gain extra points for other areas (the run)?

muc1

"As far as the physical goes, can you earn extra points by exceeding the limits of each exercise?"

No, the max is the max.

"I am about ready to start application process. I actually talk to my OSO tomorrow. Any words of wisdom or mistakes that ya'll made that i can learn from?"

Consider any contact with your OSO as part of a job interview. Maturity, integrity, professionalism are some of the qualities they look for. Be honest and disclose any ‘problems’ you may have had so they can be waivered. I met a guy that had a DUI and a drug ‘thing’ waived. Some OSOs are great and will really work to get you ready… Some OSOs will never call or follow up with you. You do almost everything on your own.

Good luck

Shadow9660

Arc Angel,
Thanks for the post regarding PRK....We're about a month away from OCS...is that enough time to get PRK and heal? Or what do you guys recommend? I dont want to wear glasses there if I dont have to, so I'm willing to spend the money...but will it be a problem with OCS if I did the procedure privately like next week, given that you need time to heal? Do I need to get a waiver form?

stevew

Depends on how bad your prescription is. If its -5.50 or worse then I would say hold off. My eyes felt very delicate for the first couple of months after surgery. If it is less than -5.50 then I would say go for it but hurry because you are running out of time and there would be no better time to get it than now since after OCS is IFS and TBS and you will need to be in top shape. In other words I wouldn't recommend getting in an airplane if you are only able to see 20/40, and you doon't wanna be in the field for a week straight right after having surgery.

Shadow9660

But is PRK at this point disqualifying for OCS, or since I've been accepted, do I still get the waiver form....how many post op checkups do I need...In other words, what I'm trying to find out is 1.)the time it takes from consultation to end of post ops for PRK if anyone knows and 2.) whether or not I CAN do this before OCC 188, as allowed by them. thanks

makoslim

Air candidate 188
Crowbar said:
as long as you manage your boots wisely (use the same pair for nasty evolutions all the time, even if they are still wet), two pairs will do.

Crowbar, sorry if I didn't word that well, this is what I was saying (the quote) basically, you dont NEED the extra pair of boots, because you can get through without them. I looked back at the post, and it was a little vague about sxactly what you had told me.The people who talked me out of the boots were not from this site, they were people I know personally.

Survivah

No Prob Muc1

Pft 275
GPA 3.0
SAT 1300

Not sure what else your interested in but I think thats all.

Anybody else from the north east?

Midshipmanjosh

Hey,

I talked with my Capt. the other day and he said that my scores for some test are a 6-5-6...is this good/bad?
I took the OAR test for the navy a while ago and that is where he pulled those scores.

I also have my first interview with him next friday. Any ideas of what to expect?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.