• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Obama says we should learn Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
In my post I said it was an obligation of people coming into our country to learn it (our language and customs) as well...so in effect what you stated is exactly what I stated. My argument was not one sided that we need to embrace them totally.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
1. Perception is reality and Obama does talk down to his audience.
Too true. I percieved him as talking on my level, and you percieved him differently. Therefore he just talks down to you, but not to me.;)

BTW, I agree that immigrants should learn English. I also think that a business is smart if they cater to folks who speak another language, if it will expand their customers and make them more money. So bitch about pushing '1' for English, but that company is making more money.

I also want my kids to learn second languages... my daughter (9) takes Mandarin and Spanish and my son (5) just started Spanish. I think kids learning another language will only be beneficial to them, and not just because of the business end of it. Learning Spanish makes learning other Romance languages easier and may even help with English.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
More fun...

Attachments

• casd'ice2.jpg
    casd'ice2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Casad'ie.jpg
    Casad'ie.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 67
  • casad'ice3.jpg
    casad'ice3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 71

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
can't....breathe....through....the irony

Casa D'ice but bitching about spanish in America.

nice.

I´ve picked up spanish on the side (by studying and working in mexico and peru) as a means to improve my job prospects and make myself more marketable...but because i believe it can help me when speaking to spanish speakers in spanish speaking countries not so I can communicate in spanish in my OWN COUNTRY.

The United States speaks english and I dont believe we should ever be bilingual. Those who come to the United States from south of the border should learn english just as my ancestors did when the emigrated from Europe.

I understand the incentive that for-profit companies have to offer services and publications, but I strongly believe that as long as we continue to offer an alternative to learning English, native spanish speakers will never feel the need to learn English and this country may one day face a huge problem.

Bottom line, if you´re in the USA, LEARN ENGLISH!

Status
Not open for further replies.