• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OAR range

BigRed389

None
Just took my ASTB this morning. Computerized version.

Just curious...what's considered a "really good/outstanding" score for the OAR portion?

My GPA is a little weak, and I'm hoping my ASTB score can show I'm not an idiot.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I think competitive scores are low 50s? And outstanding would be low 60s up?

Someone feel free to correct me.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
As told by my NRD in seattle, competitve for SNA/SNFO is a 55 for your OAR and 6's for the rest. However, do not let that OAR bug you if you have a good package. GPA, LOR's and extracurriculars can make a huge difference.

My Stats

OAR -49
7/8/7 AQR/PFAR/FOFAR
3.8 GPA in a non technical degree and 3 SOLID LOR's.

I got picked up my first time around. From my experience, and I have been told this by the O-6 that gave me a LOR, showing persistance and the willingness to achieve the goal is key. Hope that helps some.

vr/
Josh

BigRed389

None
Alright, you guys are making me feel better about my scores. Thanks.

I was just curious...I was told I did really well compared to their past applicants, but I didn't know if that's just an OPO getting a lot of low-scorers or if it's similar nationwide.

I know the criteria is different but I also talked to people I know who went ROTC, and they said they got 6's and 7's, with OAR's in the high 50's as well. Sounds good to me.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Hey dude,
It all depends on timing...I had a 45 and a 3 2 3 on the rest and I got picked up. Sometimes they'll take anything. Thank God for me that is what they did. That test is not a true barometer of how you will do in flight school. I am proof positive of that. Here's the deal. If you don't get in, just keep applying. Eventually, the Navy/USMC will pull its head out of its six. Good luck.

BigRed389

None
Thanks goplay, I'm definitely ready to apply as many times as it takes.

My recruiter wants to send out my application next Wednesday, and he seemed to be pretty happy with it, which means so am I. :p