• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O4 List

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Is there a breakdown of how many were selected from each community within Naval Aviation?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Aviation really took it in the shorts while all of the other major areas were above the board average, although all designators have lower selection rates than recent years. The math is right there in the "total selected" column (steadily decreasing pilot and NFO opportunity during recent years) and the "total percent" in the bottom corner (also lower than previous years, although, granted, this percentage was in the convening order that comes out a week before the board meets).

So my question to those affected is this: How well were you advised, by your detailers/community managers/chains of command, of lowered expectations for this board?
I was told by two detailers that making both O4 and DH would be no issue. Seems they were wrong.

I'd like squorchs post with the stats, but I don't "like" it.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
So, they selected ZERO people from any community Below Zone?

Maybe we shouldn't even count that one as a look anymore. . .

MasterBates

Yep. Not being in cookie cutter path is a death sentence now, seemingly regardless of performance.

My only satisfaction was seeing a "golden child" who mocked me in front of my division for not making it just 2xFOS'd.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Yep. Not being in cookie cutter path is a death sentence now, seemingly regardless of performance.

Ruh-oh....
saupload_scooby_doo_2.jpg

MasterBates

On the plus side, if any of you 2xFOS types want to live in Houston, Farmington New Mexico, or Casper, Wyoming, and have an engineering degree, I need more engineers here.

PM if interested.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Those Stats are pretty uniform with this years O-5 board results too. seems that NAVAIR is shrinking.