• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NWA and DELTA

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
Boom Boom said:
For now... Unions are just necessary evils... Goods and bads.. :)

Not necessarily. At Sky West they are non union, but they have a sort of council of pilots who listen to complaints about whatever. They don't have to pay union fees and from what I hear SkyWest is one of the better airlines (regionals anyway) to work for. I think that's a great idea because it keeps money out of the equation and I would think that having that keeps people more honest.

Anyway, if this merger does start to realize, I'm sure ALPA will have to help figure out seniority #'s and all that other stuff. Hopefully it will help some of the older guys get some kind of pension (not holding breath). But I hope so, because people don't realize how hard airline pilots work, and I think they deserve what they had worked so hard for.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Non-Union

Jet Blue is non union also... So yes there are some out there.. But I look at the Union more like JOPA.. They stay in between me and management! Sucks to have to pay but never know when you might need a Union Lawyer, Flight Doc, Representative, etc.. At least it gives us a fair chance to deal with management without fear of reprecussions; better than dealing with most of Navy Leadership! :dunce_125