• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NWA and DELTA

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Decided to put this where it belongs instead of threadjacking.

After you get past the Steensland crap, there is a bunch of examples of how NWA management trying to screw its employees. I thought it is pretty good stuff for the uneducated masses. Too bad it won't hit prime time to compete with the company stooges.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Already heard it. NWA ??? Like Patton said: "I READ YOUR (THEIR) FVCKING BOOK" !!!

Maybe I should turn this into a gun thread ....

KBayDog

I liked this movie the first time I saw it, when it was called F.I.S.T. :D

(The more things change...?)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Northwest CEO: Key Differences Resolved With Pilots -Paper
dji.gif

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Thursday February 23, 6:41 AM EST[/FONT]

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
Aside from the effects of 9/11 were the larger 'legacy' carriers doomed due to all these 'low-cost' lines or irreparably damaged from poor labor/management choices. Or a combination of the two? or do i have no idea what i'm talking about. (highly likely)

You don't see much in the news except airlines going bankrupt and the media gushing over the jetblues and southwests.

The big airlines ought to be able to form some sort of competitive advantage due to their size. Or is this just the way things change/evolve. How can Jetblue get satellite tv in each seat, which is rather cool, meanwhile a longstanding airline like US Airlines loses 10,000 bags a day?

Any predictions for the future of US air travel?

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
Ever since they changed the TSA video above the lines to make the TSA agent some jacked 6'3 dude and everyone else suspiciously small and meek, I've decided that if I can't take Space-A/Medevac/some dude with a Mooney then it's more of a road journey. That's a different story, but it does explain some of the airline dropoff, I'm sure...

I'd fly a Gyrover if it had a ballistic parachute and maybe a laser gun.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
dodge said:
The big airlines ought to be able to form some sort of competitive advantage due to their size. Or is this just the way things change/evolve. How can Jetblue get satellite tv in each seat, which is rather cool, meanwhile a longstanding airline like US Airlines loses 10,000 bags a day?

JetBlue, AirTran, and the like all own relatively new fleets of aircraft that don't require heavy maintenance checks yet. For now, it is cost effective for them to contract out their maintenance. Give it a few years when their airframes have to undergo heavy maintenance and see their profit margin fall.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
(Note: overall, this second "extension" from the bankruptcy judge is unprecedented, in my experience. Unfortunately, I have other airline "bankruptcy experience". :( I think it means good things ... at least "satisfactory things" ... are happening behind the scenes. In fact, I know it .... it's all relative.

WSJ UPDATE: Northwest, Unions Get More Time To Reach Deal

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
This is a very serious issue here in Minneapolis not only for the pilots and other employees of NW, but airport employees and the local public in general. NW is the reason why we even have such a big airport, but if they liquidate as the CEO has said would be the outcome of a strike, economists here are predicting a ripple effect. Most Minnesotans are supporting the pilots, but we have a real fear of what will happen if the strike commences.