• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

numbers in the application process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Hawk

Hi all my first post and, i'm bringing my package together right now for the PLC combined this comming summer. I was just wondering how many more of you on this board that are in somwhat the similar sitution. Reason being, i would like to compile a list and maybe help eachother out. Maybe even be able to meet while at PLC. So if you are still in the process maybe you could list.

A small check list of the things you have completed:
Your take on how it went, and so on.

If this has been done, i'm sorry and just direct me to where i can view this information. If not let me be the first to start.

Name: Alberto Villacorta
School: San Jose State University
Major: Aviation
MEPS- Interesting, it felt like going through an assembly line, but as long as you shut up, pay attention and do as your told, it should'nt be too bad. Drink plenty of water before and while you are there. That way you can "perform" (drug test). Dont drink Alcohol the night before, there is a breathalizer test.
ATSB- Study! I got a 7 and 7. Use the Arco Study guide it was very helpful. Great refresher for some of that basic Math and algebra. No Calculators Allowed. Take it when you feel your best in the morning, i.e. Most mentally alert time, Usually around 9-10 for us civilians. Know some basic Naval History such as who John Paul Jones is.
Rough Application- Just sit down and do it.
PRT- PT a lot! Dont think you can just come in and do it, you cant and you wont. I've seen some excellent links here on this message board in all my time lurking around. Such as the Armstrong Pull up program.

Well thats all for me right now, any of you other guys further along got anything? and some of you guys thinking about it, just know that i am just starting. So dont take this as gosple just some suggestions. Well hope the rest of you guys in similar situations will add to this post and maybe we can get a small network for us going.
Alberto Villacorta
P.S.- Thank you to people who have made this board such a source of good information.

Tessone

Name: Chris Tessone
School: Knox College
Majors: Russian and Mathematics

So far, I've only submitted the paper application. I took ATSB a year ago when I was thinking about going Navy. They basically told me I could go NFO or nothing, and that I'd never be able to use my Russian ability. I went to Russia, loved it, 9/11 happened, and I re-thought my decision. As grad school in Russian loomed as my only possibility and I started to hate the notion of teaching college students Russian for forty years, I thought about the service again. I felt like doing my duty to my country would be a better road anyway, not to mention more interesting. I called the Navy back and submitted a request for info on marines.com. The Corps called me back, the Navy didn't. The rest is history.

As for PT, I'm running based on the program posted elsewhere, doing the ab routine I posted, and I may do the Armstrong program. I also study Kuk Sool (class four times a week), and that keeps me in good shape, too. My goal is to be up to a 300 on the PFT by next summer, when I hope to go to PLC.

I had a physical with the Navy last summer--is the Marine Corps physical much different? Basically I just went through dental, chest x-ray (required for NA/NFO), hearing test, vision, lab (urinalysis and blood test), and a going-over by a Navy nurse.

Raptor2216

How's it going there? I'm not in the process of applying or anything but I was gonna ask if you are applying through the San Jose office? The reason why I ask is because I also live here in the bay area and applied through the SJ office last year and I just completed PLC juniors this summer. Good luck man.

Blue_Hawk

Yeah i am actually, they just moved to Moffet Field. Did you attend the pool function we just had at Moffet Field this past saturday?
Alberto

Status
Not open for further replies.