• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubicon

Hi I am new here. I am a junior in high school. Unlike most people here I am not sure what I want to do in the millitary, or even which service I want to join.(Marines or Navy)But I do want the serve my country, and going as an officer gives you more responsiblity. I am intrested on info on how to get ready, what to do to get in, what it is like, and ect... I will probally think of new questions, but any inof would be hardcore. Thanks...

MrTorso

What exactly do you want to know? Anything about NROTC? Marine or Navy route or both? What have you already learned about the program?

ic1milliet

Give me a call 800 872 9411...I'm a NROTC Scholarship Coor at an NRD.

It's a bit early for a Junior to apply right now but you'll be able to start the application process around Feb/March.

Dickwest83

Yeah, it's a little early for you to apply, but definitely not too early to prepare! As cliche as it sounds, well rounded is the key. This means good grades, SAT's, varsity athletics, student government or other kinds of leadership, community involvement, etc. Now this isn't saying that you have to be an absolute superstar with a 4.0, 1600 SAT, all-state athlete, but it couldn't hurt, lol. That's the best advice I can offer you to make yourself competitive for a scholarship. If you have any other questions, just shoot and we'll all give 'em a shot. Good luck to you!

BYPASS

ic1milliet, maybe you can answer this. I just realized that I have to apply for financial aid (FASFA) for the 4-yr. NROTC scholarship and list the colleges on the application so that if I'm granted the scholarship, the colleges will be notified? How does all this work?

rubicon

I have mediocere grades, about halfway in my class, platoon sargent at military exploror unit, team captian of club field hockey team, alternate for age group's under national team, love pt, and would like anything to do with appling, what I can do to improve, when I can first apply, ect...

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
https://www.nrotc.navy.mil should answer most of your questions!

ea6bflyr
icon_smile_wink.gif

rubicon

I've read everything on that sight I could find(exept to due with being a nurse, no thanks) and it seems to be very general. is there anything else better/

Status
Not open for further replies.