• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navaero04

I turned in my app for NROTC way back in October and had my interview and all that. Does anyone know when we'll find out about what type of scholarship we'll get? I'm kinda of getting antsy because I applied to NROTC, the Air Force and Naval Academies and I have no idea about my status at any of the above programs. (By status I mean rejection/acceptance) Thanks for the help.

wutzu

I went through all those processes last year.

USNA, you should hear from NLT April 15th (IIRC). I would imagine USAFA is similar. NROTC didn't contact me until late may, so I unfortunately had to decline the scholarship.

I'd say keep calling your Liaison Officer, your BGO, and your NROTC admissions coordinator. Hopefully, they can keep you informed. Worst case, there's always PLC.

Navaero04

How did you fare at the academy thing? I recently visited the Naval Academy to talk to my admissions counselor. That place is really beautiful. I'd give anything to be able to go there.

BYPASS

Navaero04-
I've also applied to the Naval Academy and now waiting to hear something. Did you go to the Summer Seminar? I'm also waiting to hear about the NROTC scholarship. I've heard that we should find something out in March or April.

snizo

Supply Officer
Unlike AFROTC, NROTC doesn't have like 80 types of scholarships with conversions between them and limited uses. NROTC scholarships are pretty much an all or nothing deal. You get a full ride (unless you go to a very expensive school), or you don't.

Bypass is right -- you probably won't hear for a good bit.

Spitfire

I am a 4/c Midn right now, and last year, I had to wait until around May 15th if I remember correctly to hear whether or not I got the scholarship. It had something to do with budgetary restrictions, they didn't know exactly how many scholarships they could award. I'm not sure how it is this year, but my guess would be that you won't hear until april. Good Luck.

Taildragger

API-bound!
Navaero,
im a MIDN 4/c in NROTC at Auburn University -- i applied for both NROTC and AFROTC scholarships and i got the apps rolling at the end of my junior year. i heard from the Navy that i had gotten a scholarship in late November of my senior year -- i had gotten my stuff in soon enough to make the first selection board. i didnt hear from the Air Force until well after January. it really depends on what selection board you get into.

BFisher

Cessna 152 Ace
Really? I read somewhere that there was a fall board and a spring board. Maybe I am confused with SNA selection boards?

billiken2002

pilot
There is only a Fall and Spring Board.....but once you get into ROTC as college program, they have 2 boards: one after your first semester and one after your second (during the summer)

BYPASS

Thanks billiken2002! Since I obviously didn't receive a scholarship on the Fall Board, I sure hope I get one soon from the Spring Board.

BYPASS

I know you can check your status on the website, but does anyone know if it will be updated once you are selected (or not)? If so, how quickly do they update the site?
Sorry...just overly anxious I guess.

BFisher

Cessna 152 Ace
About the website..

It was all my SAT/ACT scores and college choices there for a while.. then it switched to..

"Your electronic application has been received and is being processed ...
Your application is at the Chief of Naval Education and Training for final processing and selection determination. Selection decisions will begin in late August 2003 and continue until the end of April 2004. Once a selection decision has been made, your new status will be reflected. The CNET Selection/Placement Office has received your application."

And has been that way ever since. Im assuming they will update when we are accepted/denied but hopefully we will get a phone call or something first. *shrugs* its killing me too though. I check the site every day =)

Status
Not open for further replies.