• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Scholarship Chance?

Strudel19

Hey guys. I really want to win an NROTC scholarship, and I'm going to be a Senior. I know there are thousands of applicants, and many of them have a much stronger chance than I do. I feel like I at least have a decent shot, but I'm building my plan like I won't get one. Please excuse me if I sound like one of those annoying bragging kids. If I get one, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I know that if I don't apply there's of course, a 0% chance!

3.87 GPA
27 ACT (31 E, 23 M, 28 R, 24 S)
Varsity Cross-Country, Soccer, and Track
Top chair trumpet player in all bands. Three time All-District player, etc.
Student Council Secretary, NHS member, Interact member, Link Crew leader, somewhere around 200 volunteer hours, worked two summer jobs.

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it. If you could be brutally honest, that'd be awesome.

Will_T

Will_T
Strudel,

First off, people around here aren't too keen on the "What are my chances" threads because there is a search button.
Second, theyre going to tell you that no one can possibly predict your chances although they may comment that your resume looks competitive.

On a lighter note, I can give this advice: Make a lot of people read your statements and nail the interview.
If you have any questions particularly about NROTC or if youre interested in the BU Consortium, shoot me a PM.
Good luck and Godspeed,

Will_T
(MIDN 3/c)

KBayDog

I know that if I don't apply there's of course, a 0% chance!

This is all you need to know. As the above post says, none of us on this site have a crystal ball, and nobody's going to predict your "chances."

Either give it your best and apply, or don't...and know that your chances are nil.

cameron172

pilot
I'll tell you that your application does look competitive. Good grades, well rounded, and some leadership experience. You look like a lot of the guys I know in my unit who are currently on scholarship. I will also say that things have changed in the three years since they got their scholarships. NSTC has less scholarships to hand out, so to echo Will_T, nail the interview and make sure the application is bulletproof.

Top chair trumpet player in all bands. Three time All-District player, etc.

I played trumpet for 9 years and did all three bands as 2nd and 1st chair. Loved every second of it and still randomly pick up the horn to have high note contests with my old band friends. Good stuff!