• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Scholarship Budget Crisis

cmhumphr

CuMhUmPeR
I'm a 3/C College Programmer, and I was told that in order to be submitted for scholarship, I needed at least a Good low PRT score, 2.5 CGPA, and good military aptitude score in my battalion. I currently have:

3.1 CGPA
Outstanding Medium PRT

But my battalion advisor says that he doesn't know what's going on down at NSTC. Can anybody confirm what's going on with the scholarship situation?

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
I cannot speak for your situation but I can tell you that I got selected for the 2 year scholarship and I did not find out until approx 3 weeks after the scheduled release date per the instruction due to fandangling with funds or something on the upper chain.

My advice is just hang tight (Trust me I know thats easier said then done). But I held out and I am currently writing this from Rhode Island knocking out my NSI courses =)

The Phiz

pilot
cmhumphr,

AS is in the 2nd Tier of Majors. I have done a little bit of recuriting work, and Tier 1 is basically all your engineering majors. But AS is still technical to be a tier 2.

From what I have heard, as long as you steer clear of the tier 3's you can make yourself competitive.

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
But my battalion advisor says that he doesn't know what's going on down at NSTC. Can anybody confirm what's going on with the scholarship situation?

I've heard the tier thing is only for incoming students. I've also heard of some of our students still waiting to see if they've been awarded scholarships, some with GPA's in the 3.7/3.8 area of technical majors. Sounds like they're not sure how many scholarships they can give out for current college programmers. I don't have any facts, but that's the word I've been hearing.

The Phiz

pilot
I've heard the tier thing is only for incoming students.

And I have heard and seen the opposite. I talked with my advisor back when I picked up a scholarship, and my major (tier 1) played a big role. I wasn't an incoming student. The LT I have been working with tells everyone that tier matters (including potential xfer mids).