• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC major

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsteach

Hey all. Just a simple question...when you are part of an NROTC unit at a university, can you pick any major? Of course, like you all, I want to fly and my major right now is political science. Does that pose any problems? Thanks for any responses.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Tech major helps, but only to compensate for most tech major's lower GPAs, don't sweat it. I was an Aerospace Engineering major... in retrospect I should have been a business major and enjoyed college a lot more. I still would have selected SNA.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
You can be any major you want. Christ, one of the Ensigns I was commissioned with was a Theater major and was designated an SNFO! You pick any major you want. Whatever makes you happy.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Yeah you can do whatever major you want. Still if you're going for a scholarship they're looking for the technical majors. You can always start engineering and change in college.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's true that your major is considered BUT it only counts for 6% of your overall service selection! Hope this helps!!
ea6bflyr

Originally posted by Crowbar
I didn't want to be the first one to touch this since I'm not in the Navy, but from what I understand, whether you have a technical or non-technical degree is taken into account when your service selection is made.

jn99_2000

I was wanting to major in airway science, but I thought that they didn't give scholarships for that area, but since you say any major will go that is what I think I will choose. I know that having an aviation degree will not really give you a leg up on becoming a navy pilot, but if it is what you really want to study why not major in it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.