• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC - First PFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWallAvionic

Alright, so I happily recieved a phone call this afternoon, pertaining to my NROTC app, by which I got my interview date June 19th. Gotta get crackin' on that first PFT score, I was wondering what exactly they are going to test me on when I get that date. (Marine Option)

I know I personally need to really work on the Pullups, but I am looking for what I will need for a competitive PFT so I can shoot above and beyond it. :)

Thanks for any help guys.

JWallAvionic

Excellent, thank-you, any other help would be great :)

Hopping on the Armstrong Program, hopefully that will get me to where I need to be. Well not hope, I will be where I want to be by my inital PFT time.

Bredoteau

Go Cal
I just started the Armstrong Program myself. Pull ups to me seems like the PFT event I can score easy points on. Running is what I really have to work on. = /

JWallAvionic

Ahh, I love running, probably why I am good at it, I would say just push yourself, probably what I should do with the pull ups :p

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Each pullup is worth 50 secs of running, so max those out as your focus of effort. The crunches should be a gimme 100 pts.

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
I remember my MOI from NROTC mentioning that for people to switch from navy to marine option, a competitive PFT score was at least a 270. So maybe that should give you something to shoot for.

JWallAvionic

Yes, acctually I am, might stay with my grand mother down there, she lives about an hour out, depends if I can rustle up the $$

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
At my unit, if you are not getting at least a 250 on the PFT, you will be on remedial until you improve your score....MAX PULL-UPS....
ea6bflyr

usnafury

My Gunny said to be really, really competitive I should get a 275 and above. Right now, I'm maxing the flex arm hang (I have 85 seconds after only doing 5 PTs with the Marines. My initial was 50 seconds), max sit-ups, and about a 23 minute 3-mile time.

JWallAvionic

I am handing in what I have to my Officer Recruiter tommorow morning 0900, talked to him tonight, will be 'interesting' I can't wait! I just need to do my essays!

Status
Not open for further replies.