• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC+Aviation schools.

Piperpilot2004

Has anyone attended a college with NROTC and a college that offers aviation at the same time? I really want to find a college that offers both, so I can keep flying at the same time. So far, I only know of ERAU. I live in PA, so does anyone know of anything along the east coast that offers both? Also, I am a junior. When is the best time to go for the scholarship, and if I do not get the schalarship can I still become an officer or am I only aloud in NROTC for 2 years then have to drop it the remaning two? My grades havent been the best the past 2 years but this year I plan to step it up and get at least a 3.2gpa. Iv tried doing a search, and my school counsoler isnt doing anything-I need some help..thanks!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
The easiest way to find out is request info from NROTC and see if there are any aeronautical school on the list.

Hermit

Although they are not close to you Purdue and The University of Oklahoma have aviation programs.

flynsail

pilot
Piperpilot2004 said:
I live in PA, so does anyone know of anything along the east coast that offers both? Also, I am a junior. When is the best time to go for the scholarship, and if I do not get the schalarship can I still become an officer or am I only aloud in NROTC for 2 years then have to drop it the remaning two?

Less than 2 hours north of ERAU, is JU. http://www.ju.edu/academics/undergrad_aeronautics.asp
Both schools are on the east coast. If you want something farther north along the east coast, visit the school's websites that are and see if they offer aviation. https://www.nrotc.navy.mil/colleges.cfm
As far as your scholarship questions, just call the NROTC unit at the school(s) you are interested in and ask to speak to the Freshmen NSI (Naval Science Instructor). Hope that helps, and good luck.

Oh yeah, it costs more $$$ to do the aviation program at JU than it does for all the other degrees there. Not only that, but I am almost positive NROTC does not pick up the difference of the added cost. Maybe someone in the know at JU/ERAU can chime in on that. In now way is that suppose to discourage you. Some people went to JU not knowing that, and ended up quitting the aviation program(switched majors) to avoid extra expenses.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
flynsail said:
Oh yeah, it costs more $$$ to do the aviation program at JU than it does for all the other degrees there. Not only that, but I am almost positive NROTC does not pick up the difference of the added cost. Maybe someone in the know at JU/ERAU can chime in on that. In now way is that suppose to discourage you. Some people went to JU not knowing that, and ended up quitting the aviation program(switched majors) to avoid extra expenses.

At ERAU, if your major requires you to get ratings (private, instrument, commercial, multi) the navy will pay for your flight training if you are under a scholarship.

corona

Piperpilot2004 said:
if I do not get the schalarship can I still become an officer or am I only aloud in NROTC for 2 years then have to drop it the remaning two?
I've heard something about that, not sure tho. can someone answer this I'm curious aswell

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Purdue has a HUGE flight program and NROTC is totally cool with it. There are quite a few Aviation Technology majors in our battalion, you get credit for a tech major too.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
You can still get commissioned if you are not on scholarship. I have a bunch of buddies down here in sunny Pensacola that did it that way.

Also, you can apply for a two year scholarship during your sophomore year.

NROTC's official website:

https://www.nrotc.navy.mil/

mules83

getting salty...
pilot

purduenavy

BDCP SNA
TheBubba said:
You can still get commissioned if you are not on scholarship. I have a bunch of buddies down here in sunny Pensacola that did it that way.

Also, you can apply for a two year scholarship during your sophomore year.

NROTC's official website:

https://www.nrotc.navy.mil/

Not anymore...you have to pick up a scholarship...at least for FY '07

tomcat_driver83

4/C middie... aviation hopeful
Has anyone attended a college with NROTC and a college that offers aviation at the same time? I really want to find a college that offers both, so I can keep flying at the same time. So far, I only know of ERAU. I live in PA, so does anyone know of anything along the east coast that offers both? Also, I am a junior. When is the best time to go for the scholarship, and if I do not get the schalarship can I still become an officer or am I only aloud in NROTC for 2 years then have to drop it the remaning two? My grades havent been the best the past 2 years but this year I plan to step it up and get at least a 3.2gpa. Iv tried doing a search, and my school counsoler isnt doing anything-I need some help..thanks!
i go to tennessee state university which offers flight labs all the way up to MEI and CFII and we have a cross town agreement with Vanderbilt university for their NROTC... that's why i go there, just so i could fly and be a middie.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
firefriendly said:
yo noze, are you sure its technical? I've heard both

Yeah, our CO addressed that once and for all at the beginning of the semester.