• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NOV 28 OCS BOARD

slanderer

Is there anyone here waiting for the OCS board meeting in NOV 28?

My recruiter and I submitted a packet for IP/CW officer candidate. I have a Bachelors of Science in Cyber security and minors in MIS and CS, currently pursuing my Master of Science in Cyber security operations, 5 years of IT/Cyber security experience and my gpa was over 3. I am also Comptia Security+ and Cysa+ certified.

I’m new to all of these and I’m just looking to see if there are any other people out here waiting for the same board to share experiences.

Also for the folks who may have already gone through the experience, any advice or tips for going to OCS during the winter if I get selected?

Thank you all

Last edited:

Whiskeyrice

I submitted a package as well for 1820, though I'm active duty as an IT1. All I could share is what the enlisted boot camp experience is like, which was also in the winter. Bring Chapstick. Best of luck!

slanderer

I submitted a package as well for 1820, though I'm active duty as an IT1. All I could share is what the enlisted boot camp experience is like, which was also in the winter. Bring Chapstick. Best of luck!
Hey, thanks for chiming in. Best of luck, how was the experience applying from the enlisted side.

Whiskeyrice

It's a lot of running around trying to figure out what is what and who is who. Didn't have any waiver examples or other documents to include how to send my package in until the umpteenth hour, but got it figured out eventually.

brianl93

Have you heard anything back from this board? I too am waiting to hear if I was selected for this board, or if the amount of applications forced my app to the next.

slanderer

My board meets Nov 28th and I have not heard anything yet since my recruiter confirmed they submitted. I am assuming it will be after Nov 28

brianl93

have you touched base with the IP Community manager?
I have not, I assume Mr celestial is the POC for all board related matters. As far as I know, I'm supposed to receive contact from them stating my package is either good, or is missing something. And I haven't gotten that yet.

I have not, I assume Mr celestial is the POC for all board related matters. As far as I know, I'm supposed to receive contact from them stating my package is either good, or is missing something. And I haven't gotten that yet.
Yes but if you applied for IP why not reach out and ask? Just shows you care