• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov 2023 Covene day.

spennywald

Personally, I'm hoping my OAR (68) can overcome my middling GPA. 3.03 or 3.04 I don't remember exactly though. Also my recruiter told my LoRs weren't needed anymore, so I didn't get any, curious to know if you all did or not.
Impressive OAR score! I am the other way around. 3.79 GPA with a OAR waiver (never been a fan of standardized tests).

My recruiter emphasized the importance of LORs for my package. I tracked down a total of 7 - prior bosses, co-workers, mentors, & a state rep of my hometown district.

May I ask what your degree is in?

MarthMain

Freshish, Graduated Aug. 22, but I only got a job long enough to make enough money to ride it to (hopefully) Military Service. I worked at a SDVOSB healthcare consulting firm for about four or five months. Before then I worked for a Space and Defense Manufacturing company for about a year. So I've got some experience but probably not as much as I should.

I should point out I was very clear with both employers about my intentions to leave. I actually refused a salary job from the consulting firm and worked, technically, as an intern, doing basically the same thing, so I wouldn't burden them.

exNavyOffRec

Personally, I'm hoping my OAR (68) can overcome my middling GPA. 3.03 or 3.04 I don't remember exactly though. Also my recruiter told my LoRs weren't needed anymore, so I didn't get any, curious to know if you all did or not.

They didn’t ask me for LORs anymore either

Impressive OAR score! I am the other way around. 3.79 GPA with a OAR waiver (never been a fan of standardized tests).

My recruiter emphasized the importance of LORs for my package. I tracked down a total of 7 - prior bosses, co-workers, mentors, & a state rep of my hometown district.

May I ask what your degree is in?
This is nothing new as most civilian employers will not allow a current employee to do a LOR for a prior employee.

Having done backgrounds in the civilian world for hundreds of candidates over many years when you contact HR to get any type of information 99% of time they respond with something similar to "our HR policy prohibits the company or any employee from disclosing or commenting on any employee performance, we can only confirm employee employment dates".

This is due to the risk this opens up the company to in case something disclosed negatively affects the person the inquiry is on.

There are some companies that have explicitly told employees not to do this, and I know of a few places that have said doing so is cause for termination due to violating company policies.