• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NOV 10 ... oh, yeah -- Marines, too ...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I thought I'd put this in 'general', so more than 'just' JARHEADs might apply ...

My daughter's birthday is Nov 10 ... I thought she'd be my little Marine, or at LEAST a Navy Doc ... so for her birthdays, instead of dolls, I got her a sword ... and an M14 ... and some grenades
(just kidding, you fools) ... and I tried to teach her close-order drill & how to march ... and how to 'take that hill' .... but then, when my back was turned, she let me down and became a nationally recognized bio-chemist and a Triathlon-type-person ...

I've failed. I weep. ( I 'weep' ... r-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ght ...
:) )

Back to Marines: while I love Golden Retrievers ... I just can't get this picture out of my head. I think I'll have to re-think bulldogs -- in any case, they're GREAT:

usmcaviatormascot.jpg

Image from USNI website ... feel free to visit and wallow in Navy/Marine lore ...

If you want it, you can purchase this ultra-fine pix of the USMC mascot (sans watermark) off the USNI website. GREAT PIX !!!

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
From the same collection (in keeping with the aviation theme):

get_image

Loading an old USMC transport. Herc bubbas eat your heart out

get_image

Pair of USMC Curtiss Falcons. If you look close at the left one, it looks like they are getting 'Chesty'
ready for another photo op (dont think it's the same bird in the pic A4s posted).

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
A4sForever said:
while I love Golden Retrievers...

Perhaps a fan of Labradors, too? Here's a simple ID guide fo the 4 types of Labrador:

4kindsoflabs.jpg

I know this is GA, but A4s mentioned dogs first. :D