• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Not again... spy plane unplanned landing in adversary nation

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
They had some sort of an unsafe gear indication after takeoff. They landed at another Russian field to drop off the Russian observers, then flew on to Japan to figure out the problem. However, the Russians are hardwired to see everything as a conspiracy or sneak attack. Paranoia is in their national character.

Gotcha, the article I read wasn't very clear about that. I was responding mostly to Hair's OP. I'm not especially concerned about Russian panties being twisted over this particular event. I still say click bait.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Russian ATC HATES them!!! This Spy Plane flew in to learn their secrets! You won't BELIEVE what happens next!!!

Mmm-hmmm... :rolleyes:

Ever seen those "duck and cover" emails that come out when the Russkies are overlying us under the same treaty? Yeah, I'm not gonna raise my BP over this one.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The article claims they flew in a different direction than planned and landed at a different field 1600 miles away. That's what seems to have gotten Russian panties twisted.

Open Skies flights are planned and routed in advance with all parties knowing everything at every step of the way, the article only tells part of the story and leaves out the important parts like others point out. Shocking coming from the Daily Mail but at least they have the latest on the Kardashians in the next article.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Open Skies flights are planned and routed in advance with all parties knowing everything at every step of the way, the article only tells part of the story and leaves out the important parts like others point out. Shocking coming from the Daily Mail but at least they have the latest on the Kardashians in the next article.
If the article on the Kardashians is an inaccurate as this then what's the point? I need accurate celeb news not unsubstantiated rumors.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If the article on the Kardashians is an inaccurate as this then what's the point? I need accurate celeb news not unsubstantiated rumors.

The pics highlighting the outfits worn by said celebrities is also helpful in providing context of as well.