• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nose Wheel Popping Off Airplane

Random8145

😆

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they snugged the wheel up and never torqued it. Or, they overtorqued it…

For the uninitiated, use a torque wrench. A cheater bar is only for loosening bolts- otherwise you may overstress your wheel studs. Lug nuts have a proper torque spec. If you’re using an impact gun (the adjustable torque kind, I hope), start the lug nuts by hand, or your impact will F@$k the threads and you’ll need new wheel studs.
To be clear, when you say start the lug nuts by hand, you mean for loosening or tightening? (I am assuming you mean for when putting them back on, start them by hand).

Mos

None
To be clear, when you say start the lug nuts by hand, you mean for loosening or tightening? (I am assuming you mean for when putting them back on, start them by hand).
Maybe try doing both and see which one he was more likely to be talking about. Report back with your findings.

Fins Out

You won't be able to get enough leverage with your hands to loosen lug nuts. You'll need to use your teeth.

Random8145

🤡🤡🤡Yes yes, I should have been more clear. I thought if he meant for loosening, "by hand" he meant use a cheater or breaker bar, and then you could use the impact gun to quickly unscrew them.