• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Noise Levels inside aircraft?

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
In the hornee' the noise isn't at all the motors. Charlie guys know what I'm talking about because you have cycled both gens and the battery off with the motors running to clear basically anything, generally to the detriment of everything else that wasn't previously broken. Anyway, once the avionics cooling fan and electrical busses are off, the noise is almost imperceptible. It's all the electronic gear and ECS stuff that makes the noise and even that is not noticeable with a helmet and foamies in
Same in the Rhino. I was going to say this same thing too; the first time I cycled both GENs it scared me because of how quite it got in the cockpit.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Does the gucci AH-1Z/UH-1Y helmet have Active Noise Cancellation to go with the built in NVGs and HMD? Same/same question about the JSF Helmet.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/peltor-comtac-ii-military-and-special-ops-headset-kits.html

These...I've used them while playing OPFOR. They're incredible, you can hear quiet sounds with insane clarity, but they blank out when the decibel level reaches a certain threshold.

Yeah, I figure those are one of the most common model/brands, but they're not ANR, that's why I was asking.

I have a set of MSA Sordins that I shoot with and I absolutely love. Even with double-protection (when shooting a rifle under cover), I can still hear someone talking.

Flash Bang on steroids.

Ahh, gotcha. Haven't heard that before.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Does the gucci AH-1Z/UH-1Y helmet have Active Noise Cancellation to go with the built in NVGs and HMD? Same/same question about the JSF Helmet.

No.

I don't fly with foamies or ear pro at all. I usually blast the radios up too. I have a chronic institutional induced fear of not wanting to be that asshole who misses a call on TAD. I track my hearing loss everytime I get my annual phyiscal. There's only been a very moderate if any decline. Noise canceling anything would be great. Howver I can think if about 10 different tactical items I would want funded before that.