• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Noise complaint against USAF from Homophobic caller

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
You know you helo guys do screw with people though! Working with GPS stuff out in the Bunejug Mountains a black helicopter from NAS Fallon would follow me around on my ATV for around five to ten minutes at a time on occasion. Very obvious, kinda funny, and a little bit intimidating.

Dingobat

There is a nice little jar containing a logbook at the highest peak of the Bunejug's left under an obvious pile of rocks by the Sierra Club for people who climbed it. If you want to take a trip out there from NJ to check on my story I could give you my name and date I wrote on it.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You know you helo guys do screw with people though! Working with GPS stuff out in the Bunejug Mountains a black helicopter from NAS Fallon would follow me around on my ATV for around five to ten minutes at a time on occasion. Very obvious, kinda funny, and a little bit intimidating.

Well, I think you should be more than intimidated as Fallon doesn't fly "black" helicopters (even the NSAWC helos aren't black) so somebody nefarious was probably stalking you.

NAS Fallon SAR Helo

short_haul_over_desert.gif

Probably looked like this. :D

Attachments

• dj_herr_doktor_goatstones_-_black_helicopters_front.jpg
    dj_herr_doktor_goatstones_-_black_helicopters_front.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 60
  • ka50_6.jpg
    ka50_6.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 89

Dingobat

Well, I think you should be more than intimidated as Fallon doesn't fly "black" helicopters (even the NSAWC helos aren't black) so somebody nefarious was probably stalking you.
You think I wouldn't bring proof when I say I was stalked by a Black Helo?
"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]FALLON, Nev. -- U.S. Air Force pararescuemen and a simulated “survivor” watch as an HH-60G Pave Hawk helicopter comes in for a landing here recently. "[/FONT]

Attachments

• 050713-N-9500T-250.jpg
    050713-N-9500T-250.jpg
    827.8 KB · Views: 119

Dingobat

Granted they're not Navy, but I didn't know till I did a search. They kept a 300 ft. or so buffer around me, but I was doing like 40 mph+ through canyons and stuff.

Granted they're not Navy, but I didn't know till I did a search. They kept a 300 ft. or so buffer around me, but I was doing like 40 mph+ through canyons and stuff.

ahhhh hemmmm... Not a black helicopter but is a "gunship grey" AFSOC MH-60 and most likely out of Nellis if you were in the Fallon area.

Looks to me to be some PJ's practicing a pilot rescue/extraction.

And if they were "following" you it's probably because you were getting in the way of their training.

Dingobat

And if they were "following" you it's probably because you were getting in the way of their training.
Pffft.. I was there, I was 'followed' and I was not in the way of their training man! Fallon, NV = Backestwater of the U.S. = no one around = PLENTY of space = The guys we're just having fun following a lone ATV hauling-a through canyons and mountain trails.

Dingobat

Well, I still thought it was pretty badass. Anyhow these guys are ultimate heroes. Anyone whose profession it is to risk their life to retrieve downed pilots garners as much respect as I can give.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ahhhh hemmmm... Not a black helicopter but is a "gunship grey" AFSOC MH-60 and most likely out of Nellis if you were in the Fallon area.

Looks to me to be some PJ's practicing a pilot rescue/extraction.

Agreed, they are not black (see below), but to your untrained eye, it may have seemed that way especially if light did not favor highlighting the paintscheme.

050924-F-1851B-008.JPG

Regardless, unless you were a bodacious female in a bikini, they had better things to do and if they watched you for a bit, they were likely making sure you weren't part of an OPFOR or potentially interfering with their training.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, I still thought it was pretty badass. Anyhow these guys are ultimate heroes. Anyone whose profession it is to risk their life to retrieve downed pilots garners as much respect as I can give.

And pray tell, what kind of GPS "stuff" were you doing in Fallon? You know, Geo-cachers are in the same realm as Ren-Faire goers and Star Trek convention attendees.

Brett