• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

josejimmenez

Selected for SNFO
Hey Fellas,
I could do sit ups no problem and push ups all day, but when it comes to running i am slower than pond water. I am just barely squeeking under the 12 min. Any Pointers?

Kip26

FRS Slave
Running Tips

I highly recommend you do the Navy's running program on the ocs web site. It fricking works. It sucks, its repetative, but I beat my Gunney the first day of OCS.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Find someone who runs faster than you, and go running with them. The summer before OCS, the fastest I ever did the 1.5 in was 12:25, not so good. At the In-PRT, I thought I was going to roll because alot of people were kicking my @ss, and I ended up at 11:27. Running with other people does wonders.

josejimmenez

Selected for SNFO
Come to think of it I've tried that last one. It does work, not to mention the view improves significantly as you catch up.

mizzoufan

how fast is good for the PRT. I can do it now in around 10:15 or 10:30, but I know I can improve since I am not running a ton besides workouts playing basketball, football, and running occasionally. What do I need to get to?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
mizzoufan said:
how fast is good for the PRT. I can do it now in around 10:15 or 10:30, but I know I can improve since I am not running a ton besides workouts playing basketball, football, and running occasionally. What do I need to get to?

That's pretty good. Try running after doing situps and pushups, because that's what the real PRT will be like. I wouldn't sweat it, because 10:30 is excellent low, which is the min. passing. You'll improve at OCS.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Some people are naturally more "gifted" in running, you either have the type of muscle strands or you don't.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think that the exit PRT at OCS is "Excellent-Low," which is 10:30. I haven't been yet, but I'm pretty sure that's right.

Kycntryboy said:
Some people are naturally more "gifted" in running, you either have the type of muscle strands or you don't.

One of our mids barely ran for 6 months, then maxed the run on his last PRT. And me pulling in a 11:55 after PTing 3-4 days a week for 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.