• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more Dixie B!tches for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/030313/143/3ia96.html

Dixie Chicks Explain Anti-Bush Comment
Thu Mar 13, 4:57 PM ET

(3/13/03, 5 p.m. ET) -- The Dixie Chicks are stirring up controversy with a recent negative comment about President Bush while overseas promoting their current album, Home.

The trio performed a live show in London on Monday (March 10th) night, and Natalie Maines (news) told the crowd, "Just so you know, we're ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas."

That statement prompted all kinds of reactions from the American public, causing the group to further explain their stance on their official website. "We've been overseas for several weeks and have been reading and following the news accounts of our government's position," the group explains. "The anti-American sentiment that has unfolded here is astounding. While we support our troops, there is nothing more frightening than the notion of going to war with Iraq (news - web sites) and the prospect of all the innocent lives that will be lost."

Maines also says, "I feel the President is ignoring the opinions of many in the U.S. and alienating the rest of the world. My comments were made in frustration and one of the privileges of being an American is you are free to voice your own point of view."

The Dixie Chicks will perform another live show in Munich, Germany on March 19th.

-- Margy Holland, Nashville

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

NuSnake

I guess they should stay in Germany with all the other Nazi's, muhahaha

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
--Edmund Burke

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
We shouldn't let them back in the US...maybe then they'll appreciate how good they have it, and how much they should think before they speak.

solenita72

SWO Wife
But isn't that the point of free speech?? Shouldn't they be able to voice thier opinion? There are many people that believe in exactly what she said.

-just my 2 cents....

mikedjp

Good point Selenita, America would be terrible if you weren't allowed to dislike and disagree with the president. Forcing someone to support the president sounds more like Iraq than America. I'm not saying that I agree with the Dixie Chick's comment about Bush, but I do agree with their right to say what they think.

eaw75

sure, the dixie chunks have the right to voice their opinions, like anyone else. I find it convenient that many of these artists wait until they are on foreign soil before they sound off. I would like to see the crowd reaction if that same remark was made IN Texas.

AndysGirl

SNA Wife
I lost all respect, not that I had much anyway, when one of them wore a skirt, on national tv, made out of American Flag material with her big ole fat pregnant belly hanging out! It was totally disgusting and totally disrespectful to the American Flag! They do have a right to voice their opinions, but as eaw75 said, I would love to see the reaction of the crowd if they had said that in Texas!

Go Navy

beau

I'm a firm believer of "if you dont like it, you can leave!". That is just uncalled for, they being Americans in this time of crsis. Does not get any more unAmerican, besides Jane Fonda thumbing her nose at our POWs in Hanoi of course. All I can say is they might take a hit in sales, ya think?

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

mikedjp

I'm a firm beleiver in freedom of speech and freedom of thought, no matter what the current circumstance are.(Unless you are a member of the military.)

unfUSN

I'm proud to wear the uniform I do, and I am proud to serve along side so many men and women in the military. I am most proud of the fact that in America EVERYONE has the right to say and feel what they want. We should all make an effort to support the people who support us, and NOT support the people who DO NOT support us.

Throw away your Dixie CHicks CD's, buy your Freedom fries, and drink Napa Valley wine!

... oh yeah boycott anything associated with that bitch with Jane Fonda!

I will not be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists
who chose reassurance over reality.
- Unknown

krtyxl

Throwing away the cds you already paid for is just hurting yourself. Just don't buy any more.

As for free speech -- ABSOULTELY!! That is what this country is about. Freedom to speak, freedom to act, freedom to boycott. Many men, better ones than me I might add, have paid the price to allow Americans their freedoms. I am willing to do the same, so here I am at API. Do I always like what they say? No. But that doesn't change the fact that they have the right to say it.

The "Chicks" are set to begin their US tour this summer. Just don't go!

Status
Not open for further replies.