• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more chow bridge?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Bridge is still there, so is bobo. Just there a few days ago.

The old hanger on the left (as you face the river) side of the bridge (on the OCS side) just started getting torn down. The barracks across from Bobo is gone, just mound of dirt. New classrooms (Yeckle Hall) are up, they are nice. A big auditorium that can pretty much seat 3 companies. The classroom can divide into 3 classrooms (company sized). Each section has a projector and podium. The seats have those little fold aways desks. 1 head in each sections. Very nice.

There is a new H&S building next to the classroom.

And the question everybody is thinking....so how big's the head? Or is it still run for the muddy portapotties?

MNU-OCS

I crossed the bridge for the last time today. I graduated PLC JRS and im finally home. Life is good. But i know that in 2 years im going to have to see that awful bridge again. I, like the poster above me, can still hear "Tighten it up right now!" or "Step it out right now second!" I was 2nd platoon Kilo company. Words cannot describe my hatred for that bridge. I can remember before i came to OCS and i was sitting in an airport waiting for my flight to OCS and hearing a guy who had been to OCS before talking about how much he hated that bridge. I didnt understand at the time and i was like well surely it cant be THAT bad. But it is. Like someone said above u freakin go across it at 16 mph while NOT running. I just wish that if by some chance a AH-1 would destroy that bridge on its way to HMX-1. But unfortunately all it seems there are is cargo helos and planes that fly into HMX-1. I guess ill just have to rig it with C4!

Hey good look to u 10 weekers. Stick with it.

Lawman

None
Hey good look to u 10 weekers. Stick with it.

Yeah Im half way into my billet as Candidate Company First Sergeant. Its a great billet if you have a good staff which luckily all four of us are locked on and we havent had nearly as many people on medical calls or battalion boards like the staff at the beginning of the week. Alpha Co had over 20 heat casualties on SULE I but hey thats what happens when you do it under a friggen black flag. Only problem I have is I may have to go become a campstool commando this Monday since I seriously messed up my ankle and have refused to go on sick call because I know they would see that as me trying to get out of my billet. This billet eval is my holy hand grenade to have with me incase something bad happens in the next 5 weeks.

Good luck Kilo. I gotta say watching everybody do their family days and graduation practice was really inspiring to get us back in the game.

MNU-OCS

20 heat casualties on SULE 1?! Thats insane. I can believe it too, when we did SULE 1 i pounded down over 10 canteens of water and it wasnt really even hot. That had to have sucked doing it under a black flag, its a wonder they didnt call it off because of the flag. But sometimes it may only go black flag for like 30 minutes then they change it back to red. I remember seeing all of you on SULE 1 while we were doing graduation practice. The last week for you guys is going to go really REALLY slow. Just wait because your graduation blouses will start getting REAL nametaps put on them and you will be able to taste graduation a week away. But im telling you that life will never be better than that day.

Semper Fi

xCOLEx

Not even hot?

Hell, It was pouring rain!!! I still feel like we got gypped out of that bivouac the night before too :icon_wink . Funny how it seemed to rain on every major event...

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Good luck Kilo. I gotta say watching everybody do their family days and graduation practice was really inspiring to get us back in the game.

Just remember...those Kilo candidates have to come back and do the whole thing over again. Good luck and stay healthy.

MNU-OCS

Thats right, i have to go back for another 6 weeks. Its good and bad, its good because it gives me a chance to reflect on my mistakes and develope myself and it also gives me time for my body to recover. BUT just the fact that we cant call ourselves Marines at the end of graduation kind of stinks and knowing we have to come back also stinks too. There are pros and cons to each. All of them equally as sucky.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Thats right, i have to go back for another 6 weeks. Its good and bad, its good because it gives me a chance to reflect on my mistakes and develope myself and it also gives me time for my body to recover. BUT just the fact that we cant call ourselves Marines at the end of graduation kind of stinks and knowing we have to come back also stinks too. There are pros and cons to each. All of them equally as sucky.

Have fun with the wait. I am STILL in the same boat as you. I graduated from Kilo last summer, and it sucks watching a lot of the guys from your school who went through Jrs. with you, shove off for Srs. now, wish I could have gone with them. The wait in between sucks, have fun! :(

Lawman

None
Bad luck for me. It looks like the "minor pain" in my foot may be something big. They got me in a stabalizer boot and on light duty and Im running out of training days to burn. Im supposed to go in for a bone scan next week but medical is dragging there ass and they dont really care that Im gonna be medically dropped if they dont hurry up.....

Talked to my platoon commander though and so there is a silver lining here. He's already decided to recommend that not only should I be re-admitted but that I come back as a senior for Echo company due to the training Ive completed. So we'll see whats gonna happen. I'll keep everybody posted. Hopefully there isnt a responce from me till next Saturday meaning I survived week 7.

bdhallsey

Lawman's a trooper...and my best bud here at OCS right now...If he goes down for the count I'm gonna be mighty lonely. Give em one!...

xCOLEx

Best of luck to you Lawman.
I have no kind or constructive words for that quack team of Navy personnel in orthopedics. I opted to take matters into my own hands after they were able to offer no useful recourse or corrective action for my shin pain or foot problems. I became irritated with their smug attitudes which rivaled even that of our company police seargent. Ended up just sucking it up, icing, wrapping and running through them.

Lawman

None
Best of luck to you Lawman.
I have no kind or constructive words for that quack team of Navy personnel in orthopedics. I opted to take matters into my own hands after they were able to offer no useful recourse or corrective action for my shin pain or foot problems. I became irritated with their smug attitudes which rivaled even that of our company police seargent. Ended up just sucking it up, icing, wrapping and running through them.

Yeah thats pretty much what I did for all of week 5. Just hit it with Ice any time we had 30 minutes in the squad bay and then started taking a lot of motrin. I had the 1st Sgt billet to fill and I was not going on light duty. It was just a minor limp and a bit of pain but after the PFT I could no longer walk normally. Now the med staff has pretty much written me off as having hurt myself one of three ways any of which are NPQ level stuff. And apparently the docs in that department are mostly bitter because they dont want to be here. The HM1's and HM2's though are amazing. You can tell they really want to help you and get you back into the fight.