• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NJP in the past

second_best

I've had an njp in the past and i just wanted to get a sense of how hard it would be for me to get selected sta-21 with this on my record.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
The answer to your question depends on a number of factors. What was it for? How long ago was it? Have you demonstrated that you learned from your mistakes and matured?

Have you had a chance to search the forums? There are many Sailors who have shared the NJP + STA-21 experiences here on AW and their posts can provide some perspective.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
The answer to your question depends on a number of factors. What was it for? How long ago was it? Have you demonstrated that you learned from your mistakes and matured?

Have you had a chance to search the forums? There are many Sailors who have shared the NJP + STA-21 experiences here on AW and their posts can provide some perspective.

+1 on HH-60's post.

So long as it's been 36 months, you're clear of the requirement.

Best advice? Fess up in your application, show that you've learned since then (this will come through in the 5 evals that are required for the STA-21 package) and you've got just as much of a shot as the next guy who didn't have NJP, provided all things are equal. I myself have had NJP in my past, but when I applied (after I had passed the 36-month requisite mark), I was selected, went to college, graduated, commissioned, and now I'm awaiting class up at API.

We all make mistakes at some point in our lives. It's what we do afterward that shows who we are.

Best thing you can do is apply. Good luck!

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
Do some searches on the subject, it's been covered before. FWIW, my experience echoes vicariousrider's.