• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

nine months later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
Had my 9 mo. post op exam today. 20/15 both eyes. Left eye felt a bit weaker to me though so I think my right might actually be closer to 20/10. They only had text down to 20/15 though. Good close and far now - I can actually read the 3pt text without a problem, and could probably see smaller than that.

guess they werent too far off with that whole $6Mil. man thing back in the 80's.

anyway, just wanted to tell people who would care more than the average joe that can survive with 20 / 40 or worse.

-Texan

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Over 4 years and still 20/20 (Same doc as UINavy)

usmcnole

Marine SNA, Advanced, HT ?
Yeah I definitely can't complain. Have had mine for about 2.5 years, and just a little bit better than 20/15. Hasn't degraded at all, no night vision problems, no reading problems and I am loving every minute of it. I'd love to meet the guy who developed the procedure and the comittee that approved it for Naval/Marine Corps aviation; without it, no way in hell would I be able to fly considering I used to have worse than 20/400 in both eyes.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Not PRK, but:

2000 tested 20/15
2003 (nammi) tested 20/35
ever since 20/20

wtf?

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
For those of you who've had PRK for awhile now...

Any problems that the eye docs gave you as far as "post PRK haze"?

I had my eyes check a few weeks ago for a flight physical and was told my left eye was "borderline". I got a second opinion from my doctor in State College who told me that there isn't **** wrong with them. I've been 20/15 for months now (surgery was at the end of December).

Also, based on my doctors assertion that this is BS any suggestions on what I should do from here?

nugget81

pilot
Had mine done for 3 months now and at the last check-up my eye doc said that there was no post-PRK haze in my eyes. I've been at least 20/20 since the surgery (at least a few days after it).

As for what you could do...I wish I could help but I don't know.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
No haze, halos, scarring, etc. I've been very fortunate.

E

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Elder said:
No haze, halos, scarring, etc. I've been very fortunate.

E

Are these very common problems? Do they happen more often than the Doctor's would make you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.