• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Night vs day comparison video of aircraft carrier landings...

Scamahmrd

Boiler Up!
pilot
I know it's got nothin' on the dreaded ILS to a 12,000' runway!

In all seriousness, it's a bit more exciting when actually flying it.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Yeah because that's all we do.

I was more commenting on the length and production value of the video than helo flying, which I clearly know nothing about, kinda like how you know nothing about flying big airplanes.

Cheers.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah because that's all we do.

I was more commenting on the length and production value of the video than helo flying, which I clearly know nothing about, kinda like how you know nothing about flying big airplanes.

Cheers.

Yeah, it was a lot slower than could be properly conveyed, which kind of reduces the "really, we're going to do that tonight?" factor. I will say this about the video though,as the video plodded along, I was shooting an approach in my mind to the wrong point of light until about .5 DME, so I guess that part was a good demonstration.

blackbart22

pilot
In VT-21, Capt Karl S, one of our Marine instructors, gave the night flying brief. He'd start out by saying "There's only one difference between flying at night and flying in the daytime." He would then lean over the podium and yell " At night you can't see a f--king thing." Really got their attention.