• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nice shotguns

Lawman

None
squeeze said:
He did... SEVERAL TIMES. READ. THINK. POST. IN THAT ORDER.

Yeah, I made the mistake of surfing the web while still medicated. So Im honestly suprised the sentences that were typed were half as coherent as they were.

One, typing in that state I was refering to Police/Military style autoloaders of which the list is very short. In addition to the Benelli's yes there are the Remington 11-87 and 1100, But they pale in comparison to the Benelli that they are priced evenly with. The SPAS 12, is reliable but it overcomplicated and way to damn heavy. The Berreta 1201, failed to catch on most likely due to its price and that at the time most Police departments didnt feel they needed a Semi-Auto Shotgun. The SPAS 15.... ok that one Id like to own, Same as a USAS-12 but I dont have that kind of money. The And the Saigi.... yeah you can keep that monstrocity. The only other big game police autoloader floating around is the Fabarm SDASS, but I have yet to see one at any gun store Ive been to.

SlickAg

pilot
I have a Beretta 682 with a Briley Tube set with which I used to shoot skeet competetively. Great gun, very reliable, but I'm not sure I'd go duck or geese hunting with it. I don't think I've ever shot anything bigger than #6 shot out of there. However, I think it would be hard to go wrong with a Beretta shotgun. I know that they make some different models depending on what kind of shooting you will be doing, trap/skeet/sporting clays.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
SlickAg said:
I have a Beretta 682 with a Briley Tube set with which I used to shoot skeet competetively. Great gun, very reliable, but I'm not sure I'd go duck or geese hunting with it. I don't think I've ever shot anything bigger than #6 shot out of there. However, I think it would be hard to go wrong with a Beretta shotgun. I know that they make some different models depending on what kind of shooting you will be doing, trap/skeet/sporting clays.

I am not sure what you are talking about. I clearly want a law-enforcement autoloader, preferably the M1 or SPAS 12. The SPAS 15 is way too much and the Saigi. . . you can keep that monstrocity. :)

Thanks for your input.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I can say this with a clear conscience:

the SPAS-12 (SPAS i.e., "Sporting Purpose Automatic Shotgun") is an overpriced piece of junk. Unreliable. Fragile. It was the only shotgun that failed to qualify (mechanical failures) in the last two tacical shotgun schools that I participated in ..... one would suspect that anyone who thinks they are reliable believes in the tooth fairy as well, or has no hand's on experience with them.

I would also stay away from any tactical shotgun that incorporates a "pistol grip". When you move to weapons retention training --- you will understand why.

I know nothing about quality sporting shotguns, except what I have read. Bring money, there are many fine ones out there.

Lawman

None
RockyMtnNFO said:
Ithica Shotguns are made by SKB.

BTW I cannot honestly believe that you would consider anything made by SPAS

Ive shot the SPAS 12 a few times, and they have a couple tiny little things that seem to be the "thing to break." Personally I respect that they are reliable when kept in good condition (just like a whole list of other weapons), but they are way to overcomplicated a design (something that seems to be a reoccuring theme umongst Italian guns). And the thing was far to heavy and unbalanced to be useful at least for my frame. The only reason I like the SPAS 15 is because everything Ive heard has been good and it has a coolness factor to it. Im not gonna go buy one, but Id take one for cheap if I had the money just laying around to throw at another Safe Queen. My reason for not liking the Saigi, its ugly. Thats about it. Its a lot like women doesnt matter how great she is, if shes ugly your friends will give you hell about it.

I kinda understand where your coming from though wanting just a cool looking gun to hang somewhere (I take it your not looking to go wading through marsh and woods with your pretty gun). They stuck a few coach guns out in front of the counter at my shop and I cant help but think, "I have no use for one, I have no need for one, but damn they sure are cool looking."

If anybody needs me, Ill be in the back banging my head against a wall till Ive learned my lesson....

Lawman

None
A4sForever said:
I would also stay away from any tactical shotgun that incorporates a "pistol grip". When you move to weapons retention training --- you will understand why.

We were trained with both, honestly if the guy on the other end knows what hes doing you could very easily be screwed either way.

jdnew

This is going to sound kinda strange, but a real close friend of mine swears by his 10 gauge. He can really reach out there and touch those ducks. Imagine all the money he spends on 10 gauge steel shot. But I am just fine with my remington 3.5 inch magnum. Which is the norm around here. I go hunting just a little ways from Stuttgart, AR. You said that you didn't want an auto loader, why is that? Apologize if I just didn't see that somewhere.

http://www.remington.com/firearms/shotguns/sp10mag.htm

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
jdnewso1 said:
You said that you didn't want an auto loader, why is that? Apologize if I just didn't see that somewhere.

It doesn't matter why. Next person bastardizing this topic any further will have their posts deleted.