• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nice score?

Tonight I picked up a really REALLY nice Belgian Browning A-5 with a SN that dictates it was manufactured in 1938. Wood is not marked up at all with the exception of a small ding or two, nothing serious. Bluing is 95% throughout. I "think" it's a full choke, botton side of the barrel it says "choke 182" with a small * with a larger X beside it. Overall length is 32.25 inches and 28.5 being actual tube.
I think the real beauty is I only paid $350.00 for it. Any idea of what it might be worth? Like most of my stuff I get tired of it and roll it over into something else in a few months. :eek: Thanks in advance.
Oh yeah, after looking at several pics on the bnet this one differs that it has a grip cap on it. It doesn't look like an add on but an origional part.

BlkPny

pilot
I have an old Belgian Browning A-5 and love it. If I'm not mistaken, however, all of the old Brownings have a "round knob", that is, no grip cap.

I have an old Belgian Browning A-5 and love it. If I'm not mistaken, however, all of the old Brownings have a "round knob", that is, no grip cap.

Not sure what you mean, the round knob is the grip cap......well it threads on has a ball detent and is knurled. The base of it is wider than the top, it kinda looks like a "top hat". It's definately a 38 vintage (according to the sn) and has the Herstal address, not the Utah.
I haven't figured out yet how to adjust the loads, it will shuck out a heavy load but not a light. Hopefully Browning will send me a owners manual, I can't download one from their site for some reason.

Skeet

Banned
You're either very lucky or you're lyin'. I've been shooting an A-5 since day one, and I can't touch one for 350. Mine doesn't have a grip cap. And the Ithaca 37, you must be buying from the guy that robbed me. :D EDIT: If you want to sell the Ithaca, send me a PM.

img2613tj5.jpg
img2614zc1.jpg

img2616uf0.jpg
img2617vr2.jpg

Now you tell me on the Ithaca, I just put it on consignment at a local auction here for April. People at local gun auctions are STOOOOOPID, they'le buy used current production guns for more than new price.
They had one in Feb and A5's went anywhere from 500 - 750, Ithaca went for 450. One oddball auto pistol went for a staggaring $42000.00!!!! (Yes, that was 42 K) Never heard of it but it was listed as a M. Zulaica & Co. Eibar, 7.65 1914 model sn 294xx.
I waited till late thirty till all the leftover junk was going. Snagged a Weaver K10 for 22 bucks and rolled it over for a $100 profit.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Yeah...you should die. I have been wanting a nice A4 for quite some time (16 ga would be my preference...) but anything in condition like that has been going for over 600...g-damn gunshows:icon_rage

Great find...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Surfing old threads, Interesting grip cap, anybody think it's OEM or an add on?

The thread is two and a half years old and the OP is banned. If all that weren't enough, one of the posters is none other than skeeterman. Choke yourself for resurrecting this thread... :)

Redux

The thread is two and a half years old and the OP is banned. If all that weren't enough, one of the posters is none other than skeeterman. Choke yourself for resurrecting this thread... :)

Punching left side of face with right fist, right side with left fist. ;) The stock is interesting though.