• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Potential Pipelines

jmiller82

Hey guys.. I'm an NFO candidate and was interested in what pipelines and aircraft an NFO was eligible for. I found this at the University of Pennsylvania ROTC unit's website. Although some of the links are a bit broken, it contained a very helpful pipeline for NFO's, which I've updated (removing F-14's and S-3B's, since they are being decommissioned and are not eligible for NFO's anymore). It provides a very complete explanation of the initial training and the subsequent pipeline for each type of aircraft (AEWS, Surv./Support, Strike, Strike/Fighter). There are also some more links (some broken) at the service selection page of this website that will help to explain some of the other communities (SWO, SpecWar, Supply, etc.). The file that I've attached is in .doc (Microsoft Word format), so it should be easily accessible to everyone.

Attachments

• NFO PIPELINE.doc
    91.5 KB · Views: 616

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
You might want to update that. We no longer fly the T-34 but the T-6 in Primary. Also, I believe we fly the T-1/T-39 in Intermediate but someone could correct me on that.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
T-6/T-1 in Intermediate if you go Tacair... T-39/T-2 in Advanced if you go Strike/Strike-fighter.

Blackout

The tactical gray doesn't make any sense for the VT environment. Skeds does screw up and guys get double/triple scheduled for VR routes that cross each other at certain points. Its definitely nice to be able to see the "Student Driver / Nav" paint scheme if for nothing else you can break them out at 5 miles instead of right on top of you.

Obviously, once you are out of VT land its all about the grey.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
It's a private jet dude...Who would want to look at that when you have Hornets, Hawkeye's, Helos, and Air Force jets to look at. I see those every time I go to the airport. At least the T-1 had good air conditioning. I was one of the last dudes to go T-34's and I can say when I stepped into the T-1 and was cold, I knew I would enjoy flying this bird. Then, I flew the DP for the first time...yikes. Oh well, now I'm in a plane that a T-6 could outrun on a bad day. But I do have that nifty dome...Picture clean, reset.

Garang

Hi, I am Sofyan from Singapore, I would like to know the difference between a Naval Flight Officer and Naval Aviator. What is the difference especially in their badges.

I appreciate anyone answering this.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Hi, I am Sofyan from Singapore, I would like to know the difference between a Naval Flight Officer and Naval Aviator. What is the difference especially in their badges.

I appreciate anyone answering this.

At the top of this page there are two "badges", or as we call them wings. The top set are Naval Aviator wings, the bottom set are Naval Flight Officer wings.

jmiller82

Garang.. We were just talking about that on another thread.. Do a search or go here.. Be sure to read the entire thread, as changes are made to some of them..

jmiller82

HH-60H, you make it sound like we're in Boy Scouts.. Remember the totin' chit, the whittling chit, and so on.. haha! The "badge" allows you to fly.. Without, you're not stepping foot near that plane!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HH-60H, you make it sound like we're in Boy Scouts.. Remember the totin' chit, the whittling chit, and so on.. haha! The "badge" allows you to fly.. Without, you're not stepping foot near that plane!
What are you talking about?