• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Platform Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

punac

When in the pipeline do you find out what platform you will get. For example, while in primary would learn that you will go strike?

I'm really ignorant in regards to this but what I really want to know is if there is anyway you can plan the next year or so once you start primary?

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
NOPE, you find out at graduation day of primary who goes to P-3 EP-3 and E-6. The rest will find out at graduation day of intermediate who goes E-2C. and at the end of advanced you will find out who goes strike or strike fighter (one is a little longer school in P'cola). You cannot plan anything while you are in the pipeline, get used to it.

brian-75

Yep, I'm at VT-86 and about to start the T-2 syllabus. After primary you go to either san antonio and get e-6, p-3 or ep-3. If you stay at P'cola, afetr you finish intermediate a few guys select E-2C's and the rest go to VT-86. At 86, you then select strike or strike/fighter. Once you finish those syllabus after the T-2 flights you get your wings and a few days before the winging the CO/XO and stud control officer tell you what you get, be it S-3, EA-6B, F-14, or F-18.s

navy101

I'm curious, how many people want p-3's and e-2c's as opposed to wanting to go strike/strike fighter?

brian-75

Most people say 75% want p-3's at the end of primary...i did then but now am glad to be in jets...more fun...as for e-2cs, maybe 1 or 2 a class..if no one wants it then sometimes they draft people as the needs of the navy prevail. About 90% want strike fighter if they go to VT-86, but maybe 1-4 people a class get those slots and it depends on time of year, needs of navy and amount of people in the class...if you have NSS of 50 or above you are qualified for SF otherwise anything less is almost always strike

Status
Not open for further replies.