• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Pipeline Squadrons/Locations

Mos

None
Hello all. To introduce myself, I'm a SNFO in API at the moment and preferring to go the P-3 route.

I've been looking through the NFO forum and other websites to clarify info about the pipeline, but would like to make sure I have this correct. Can someone verify what's below? Just trying to get an idea of where I might be in the next year and half or so. Thanks.

Primary: all at VT-10 or VT-4 (NAS Pensacola)

Intermediate:
- Strike/Strike Fighter/EW/E-2: VT-10 or VT-4 (NAS Pensacola)
- P-3/E-6: N/A

Advanced:
- Strike/Strike Fighter/EW: VT-86 (NAS Pensacola)
- P-3/E-6/E-2: N/A

RAG/FRS:
- Strike/Strike Fighter: VFA-122 (Lemoore, CA) or VFA-106 (Oceana, VA)
- EA-6B/EA-18G: VAQ-129 (NAS Whidbey Island)
- P-3: VP-30 (NAS Jacksonville)
- E-6: VQ-3 or VQ-4 (Tinker AFB)
- E-2: VAW-120 (Norfolk, VA)

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
P-3/E-6 selects go their respective RAGS now after Primary graduation (no Randolph)

Plan 4 months for Primary after API, then 2 more months if selected for Jets/E-2's.

Gator NFO

former TACAMO NFO
None
As Hozer said, SNFOs don't go to Randolph anymore. The last Navy class finished there in Aug 08 and the remaining Navy instructors dispersed after the Change of Command for our Navy CO. The Air Force is standing up two Nav training squadrons in P'cola on 2 Oct 09, and the Air Force Nav squadron at Randolph will shut down after the final Air Force class graduates in Oct 2010. A former VT-4 CO told me that VT-4 will eventually shut down after the Air Force quits training with the Navy.

Mos

None
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've corrected the summary in case anyone else might find this helpful.

P-3/E-6 selects go their respective RAGS now after Primary graduation (no Randolph)
So does this mean P-3/E-6 FOs will fly only T-6s before taking on their respective platform, or are there any other trainers (e.g., T-1) involved?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So does this mean P-3/E-6 FOs will fly only T-6s before taking on their respective platform, or are there any other trainers (e.g., T-1) involved?

Correct:

E-6/P-3 NFOs: T-6 only (VT-4/10)
E-2 NFOs: T-6 & T-1 (VT-4/10)
All else: T-6 & T-1 (VT-4/10), T-39 & T-45 (VT-86)

-ea6bflyr ;)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The T-1's are going back to exclusive AF owner/operators once the new squadrons stand up. Their new hangar and ac-sim buildings are almost done. The proposed Navy syllabus will be all T-6 and T-45 for Strike-Fighter studs, Heavies will split off and go to thier RAG's after Primary, E-2's after Intermediate, and VT-4 will eventually be absorbed by VT-10 once the AF studs are no longer coming in. Though as always, the Plan is in flex and subject to change. YMMV.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
The T-1's are going back to exclusive AF owner/operators once the new squadrons stand up. Their new hangar and ac-sim buildings are almost done. The proposed Navy syllabus will be all T-6 and T-45 for Strike-Fighter studs, Heavies will split off and go to thier RAG's after Primary, E-2's after Intermediate, and VT-4 will eventually be absorbed by VT-10 once the AF studs are no longer coming in. Though as always, the Plan is in flex and subject to change. YMMV.

What's going to happen to the T-39 stuff?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are definitely some interesting parts to the new syllabus. I was stashed at the UMFO conference this year, and some of the things that were discussed, like the new multi-crew simulator and the VMTS system for the T-45s, sounded pretty cool. I especially liked how VMTS can essentially simulate virtual dogfights/air to ground scenarios.

The only question I had was: are VMTS and MCS definitely being phased into the new training pipeline? It seemed to me like the P-3 reps at the conference were pretty excited about the idea of MCS and the potential for an abbreviated MCS intermediate syllabus, but I wasn't sure if any of it was set in stone yet.