• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Housing in P-cola

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
I am graduating from the Naval Academy in May and will be moving down to Pensacola shortly thereafter to start SNFO training. I am starting to think about places to get an apartment since my instructors tell me I'm going to be in Pensacola for a while. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good places to live, apartments, houses, etc... I am going to Panama City with my roommates for Spring Break and we are planning on taking a few days to drive over to Pensacola to check out potential housing. I you had any advice for places we could stop and check out that would be awesome. Thanks!

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I would recommend looking into renting a house. I just left there and Myhomespot.com has some good listings.

Col Angus

pilot
I am going to Panama City with my roommates for Spring Break and we are planning on taking a few days to drive over to Pensacola to check out potential housing. I you had any advice ...

my advice is to stay in panama city for spring break. you'll get enough syphilis quarter and stupid irish bar starting in july. and it doesn't matter where you live as long as it has a military clause and a roof.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am graduating from the Naval Academy in May and will be moving down to Pensacola shortly thereafter to start SNFO training. I am starting to think about places to get an apartment since my instructors tell me I'm going to be in Pensacola for a while. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good places to live, apartments, houses, etc... I am going to Panama City with my roommates for Spring Break and we are planning on taking a few days to drive over to Pensacola to check out potential housing. I you had any advice for places we could stop and check out that would be awesome. Thanks!

Do you guys already have your orders? We're still wondering here in ROTC-land.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope, we'll all get our orders in three weeks, we have an orders assignment night thing here where we pick our API dates.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope, we'll all get our orders in three weeks, we have an orders assignment night thing here where we pick our API dates.

Ok makes sense, we just haven't even heard a time frame for when we start picking orders at my unit. Any other ROTC people know anything?

UMichfly

pilot
None
None of the 13xx types at Michigan got orders until after we were commissioned last year. We dropped an informal dream sheet with our aviation advisor and got a ballpark idea of when we'd report to P'cola but actual orders didn't come until a month or so from when we were set to report.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They're supposedly giving us a bunch of different choices for report dates, but I know at least five of us SNFOs are going to try to get that June 6th date too. See you guys down there. :D