• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO Flight Time

lumber44

I am new to the forum and i just submitted my application for NFO a few days ago. I have searched quite a bit but I have been unable to find a definitive answer to a question. I was wondering if after getting winged as a NFO you still get flight time and if so how much or is what you did in training the last regular flying that you do?

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
you do IFS, which is 25 hours at the controls of a Cessna. Other than that, you don't get a lot of actual stick time. You sit up front for the first few flights in primary and get some stick time, but other than that I wouldn't count on getting the controls after that, although your IP may let you fly a little at various times.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
The amount of flight time you get will depend on your platform, deployment schedule, training needs, and money. You'll get enough flight time before and after you get your wings.

As an example, during my last home cycle, I was averaging about 15-20 hours per month, some way less, but none too much more. I think my low time month was 7 or 8 hours, but there was leave thrown in there and some other things. I think my high month for the summer was about 22 or 23 hours... I'd have to look at my log book.

While deployed last year, I flew A LOT more than that... 50 to 70 hours per month. I've only done one deployment, and that Expeditionary, so I don't know how that compares to the normal boat cruise. I'm getting less flight time this deployment, but I'm in a different theatre and its a different war.

I'd also have to look at my logbook to see how that compares to flight school.

After IFS, all the time you'll log in the aircraft will be Special Crew Time. Yes, during T-6 phases, you will get to actually fly the aircraft. The first few flights, you're in the front with your IP in the back. After those flights, you sit in the back, but your IP may let you take the controls. I got to fly the T-6 quite a few times after my initial flights. Even on those flights, you won't log any pilot time... all special crew time.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
So what do traps during special crew time count as? Same as pilot traps? Copilot traps?? Special Crew Traps??? Trap Rides???? Good memories????? bwah!

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
So what do traps during special crew time count as? Same as pilot traps? Copilot traps?? Special Crew Traps??? Trap Rides???? Good memories????? bwah!
such a JV/CONE question used to add some tension or start an argument but your beyond that so why ask.

SF

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Now that is just hillarious. wow... you read right into that one...

you nailed it, next quiz includes bubble gum, walking and breathing...

Pot stirring with double anchor antipathy...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now that is just hillarious. wow... you read right into that one...

you nailed it, next quiz includes bubble gum, walking and breathing...

Pot stirring with double anchor antipathy...

You're such a Tomcat guy. :rolleyes:

Brett

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
I can't believe it, and I feel a bit dirty for it, but I agree with you brett...

It was nurture by exposure to some total ass clown RIOs, not nature that made me this way...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can't believe it, and I feel a bit dirty for it, but I agree with you brett...

It was nurture by exposure to some total ass clown RIOs, not nature that made me this way...

Hey, it was your community. Hope you're proud.

Brett