• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurecruit

What are some of the benefits for NFO's. Are the they the same as pilots, for example: the war college, instructer, etc. What are the benefits?

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
One of my best friends currently has a DFC from Bosnia, Bronze star from Kosovo combined with a whole bunch of air medals. Currently, he has been the primary briefer for Tommy Franks to ol Donny Rumsfeld and is about to return to San Antonio to take command of a special operations group. Which one, I don't know. He is currently attached to JEWC (Joint Electronics Warfare Center) in San Antonio but TAD(TDY for the Air Farce) to CENTCOM since Sept 11. Did I mention that he was an ECMO, USMC? My only satisfaction is that his bonus was half of mine because he's an NFO. Just thought you would be interested. SF, Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Phiman

Do NFO's get less flight pay and less bonuses that NA's? And how exactly does an ECMO get a DFC, just curious.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Unfortunately, yes. NFO's do get less of bonus. Usually about 50% less. They generally get the same bonus as the helo guys. Aircrew can get a DFC, whether Pilot, NFO, door gunner etc. If it can be justified in the award writeup, it can be issued. DFC's require a writeup but air medals are the cheap ones. 20 flights in green ink (combat) and you've earned an air medal. Good questions. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.