• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

News on places to live in Meridian

Firebert

Not a good Commando name
pilot
I know there have been other threads about this, but is there anything new about where to live up there? I am gonna be without my wife while I'm there and was wondering what was good/bad for a "single" person up there.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, how long will you be without your wife? If it's for your entire stay in Meridian, I would get roommates and get a house. Apartment living sucks, renting a house is the way to go if you can. There are decent houses for pretty cheap in Meridian if you have roommates. Otherwise, the two apartment complexes most people live in are Northwoods and Woodlands... BOQ South. The housing office on NASM is very good for finding a place to live.

LSUMarine

Lay off me! I'm starving!
Stay away from Northwood Place, unless you like hearing everything everyone else in the building is doing. Very thin walls/floors.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
LSUMarine said:
Stay away from Northwood Place, unless you like hearing everything everyone else in the building is doing. Very thin walls/floors.

Seems like all new complexes are like that. Piss poor construction, thin walls, etc. My place in Pensacola was like that, I could hear EVERYTHING that went on in the apartment next to me. I hated it with a passion.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
I'm in the Woodlands and it's been fine so far. As far as getting a house .... my buddies got one and there are some downsides ...

Most people do not provide pest control and if you have a house there is a GOOD chance you will have some sort of bug/ant problem. My buddies have a HUGE pest problem and they have to pay someone to come once a month.

You will most likely have to maintain the house yourself ... i.e. cutting grass, etc.

Not a really big deal but just some things to keep in mind.

Firebert

Not a good Commando name
pilot
Thanks for the info, probly gonna get a place at Woodlands after reading over other stuff....anyone know which utilities/cable/internet companies provide service there? I've been spoiled with a HDTV DVR and want it again. The cable thing will most likely make or break my choice....cause there is nothing else to do, I've been told.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My roommates and I have Comcast digital cable. Dunno if it's high def since we don't have a compatible TV. But it does come w/ DVR, etc.

Deke999999

Oh ****, we're on fire. What now Geese??
pilot
Is the Red Carpet House on Dalewood lake still inhabited by SNA's? Want to make sure we weren't the last ones.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
unless you get dish... no HD. comcast "offers" it, but they don't have "the part" to make it work. They do have DVR though.

Rainman

pilot
Deke999999 said:
Is the Red Carpet House on Dalewood lake still inhabited by SNA's? Want to make sure we weren't the last ones.

More importantly, the Sigma Nu Alpha House 1/2 mile south of there. . .Good Times.

thorman

pilot
thought i would advertise on here. i arrive back in meridian 27 dec and will take possession of a 2 bed apt at northwood place. im looking for a roommate for the other bedroom. it's like $50/mo less than the woodlands plus no deposit. i've got a 42" lcd proj tv with dish network, plus OTA HDTV. i made sure the apt had a place for the dish plus i used to install it so i get it for about 1/3 less than normal. if anybody is interested or knows anybody have them email or pm me.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Squid said:
unless you get dish... no HD. comcast "offers" it, but they don't have "the part" to make it work. They do have DVR though.

Yep, what he said. The DVR boxes are HD capable, and do have HDMI and component outputs, which look very nice on the digital stations, but the HD signal has yet to be turned on. Gotta love having the DVR though.