• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Newest Addition to Arsenal

pdx

HSM Pilot
Could I compete with my stock Sig P226?

Yep, you can compete in the stock service pistol (SSP) category. My 1911 is in the Custom Defense Pistol (CDP) category. There are a few differences in rules, the most notable being that SSPs are allowed to load 10+1 and they must be 9mm or larger. CDPs are allowed to load 8+1 and they must be .45 ACP.

The rules are very straightforward. Also, they have shooter classifications raging from Novice to Master. This is one of the few things I do where I don't care much about winning. I pretty much compete against myself and work for my own proficiency.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Newest addition(s) ???

[Please excuse, Chief. Slight course correction]

(left) COLT COBRA, .32 Colt ... mint, NIB condition, factory shroud, with all paperwork. (right) Pre-war "Registered" .357 S&W Magnum, mint, NIB with all attendant paperwork. :)

Better than real estate or diamonds .... :) ... but try to convince a woman of that.

[/course correction]

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I just recieved 2 1960's new in the box Colt detective .38's from my grandmother... Any idea what they are worth? I don't mess with wheel guns too much. Sorry for the slight threadjack...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I just recieved 2 1960's new in the box Colt detective .38's from my grandmother... Any idea what they are worth? ....
NIB with all paperwork?

If 99% or better ... probably in the $650-$800 range if they are early '60's; depending on the market timing and where you might choose to sell them. I'd keep 'em for a while, or at least the best one as Colts are only going UP ...

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Yes they are NIB with all the paperwork. Actually one is NIB and the other is slightly used but still has the box and all the paperwork. They were actually bought at SEARS...:eek: I don't think I'd sell them anyway because they hold certain sentimental value. I was just curious. Thanks.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yes they are NIB with all the paperwork. Actually one is NIB and the other is slightly used but still has the box and all the paperwork. They were actually bought at SEARS...:eek: I don't think I'd sell them anyway because they hold certain sentimental value. I was just curious. Thanks.
Then I'd lean on the $800 side @ online firearms auction. But yes, keep 'em. How many times have we said about firearms ... "I wish I still had THAT one ..."?? :)