• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New wife in the navy-inprocessing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janie

Hello,
My husband is student Naval Aviator in NAS Corpus Christi. We just got married and had some questions about inprocessing. He is in VT-27, and we need to know who to go to to inprocess. We are going to wait to start the paperwork until Monday. If anyone can help us- we would really apreciate it...thank you -Janie

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
I wish I would've seen this post sooner!
boggled_125.gif
I'm assuming you've already processed in by now!?

My husband and I are in CC as well. Good luck to you both and let me know if there is anything I can help you with!
clover_125.gif
I will PM you with more info!

Congrats on getting married! We just did a few months ago as well!
bouncy_125.gif

Let me know if you need anything or have anymore questions! I promise to check back!
icon_smile_wink.gif

Heather

crimson

NO! I totally need this info and I bet others do too! Please answer this question if you can!!! I am going to do the inprocessing in mid-january. Any help, info, tips would be appreciated!

Oh, I forgot to say that we deciced to get the JOP to marry us on the 30th of December.
devil_125.gif

He'll be in CC by January 10th. Can he do it without me there? I don't arrive until the 20th.
What exactly is inprocessing?
blindfold_125.gif

Thanks!

Adriana

av8tor

Checking into a new command is as easy as 1 - 2 - 3. (1. Report to student control and get a command checkin' sheet. 2. Meet and greet session with the C.O. and X.O. (and remember the open door policy is to be used any time your husband needs a good ass chewing.) 3. register your car with pass and tag. Moving can be a real pain since someone needs to be there when your things arrive, so since you hubby may be busy, if you can be there when things arrive it will stop his coniption from occurring in the first place.)

crimson

Thanks for the 1-2-3!
How do you get an ID though? Does it have a picture on it? I guess I don't have to change my plates or anything to get my car on base, but why would I be going on base? Or are there things I would want to do on base in CC?
boggled_125.gif

Thanks!

AdJ

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
I am guessing that there are gyms and swimming pools on base in CC just like in Pcola, that dependents are able to use with a military ID, and if you'd like use of these facilities it'd be good to have the parking pass for base. It should also make getting onto base quicker with the pass as well. ;)

Janie, congrats on the new marriage! I'd definately contact DevilDucksGirl for and CC questions...she's there with her husband, so she has first hand experience! :)

Congrats on moving the date up AdJ! Will you still have the traditional ceremony later on? Good luck & enjoy married life soon!
~Megan

Janie

We are doing the whole ceremony later. I dont know when but hopefully after he gets winged.
We just got back from Brownsville Tx and it was fun visiting his family.

JenniH

Jennifer
Hey. I hope I'm understanding all the questions, so I'll answer as best I can. You'll need to get your ID ASAP since you use it for everything--checking in at the doc, getting through the gate, shopping at the commissary/NEX. Your sponser/husband should fill out a form at PSD (personnel office) and then you can go get your ID card make...they take your pic and ask your height, weight, etc. And then get your car decal (I can't remember the name of the office...Welcome Center maybe?, it should be near the front gate). You'll need your ID (of course), auto insurance, and car registration.

See yall in CC in 10 days!!
Jennifer

Nukes Pilot Wife

INPROCESSING - for the new spouse, go to your local base's PSD (Personnel Support Detachment) and that's where you'll get the processing done. You'll need your marriage certificate. You'll get your dependent ID card, your spouse will get his pay adjusted (increased) for adding you as a dependent, and any other necessary paperwork will happen there...PSD is where it's at. Also, stop by the medical clinic on base and ask about TriCare. You get Medical benefits for free. If you want dental, it's real cheap. only like $9/month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.