• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new to this whole thing/Flying in the military

K-Dub1220

Yeah. You definitely should try to get it done before your senior year. Your chance will be so much better than waiting until the last minute. :)

You have to sign up for the weekend thing online. I called the admission office about it, and they still made me sign up online. Here is the link to the signup place:
http://www1.vmi.edu/test/Admissions_OpenHouse.asp

By the way, it's a pretty large event. This one I got back from had about 100 prospective cadets and maybe 150 parents attending. That actually made it more fun - to compare notes with other prospective cadets. Also, Friday night, I got boarded in a room in the VMI barracks with some current 4th class girl cadets, so I got a chance to hear their perspective of being a cadet at VMI.

Thats really cool. I will definately look into that because it sounds like it would be fun. So just assuming you applied do you think you hve a good shot at getting in?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I understand what you are saying and I agree completely. I was just looking for some firsthand accounts at what would be the best. I

I don't think you are understanding. My point is that this question has been asked several times just in the last few months, so some perusing of the site will start to answer your questions w/out starting a whole new thread w/a very broad question.

Once you've looked through some threads here, you'll be able to ask more focused questions which will be far more helpful to you.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Thats really cool. I will definately look into that because it sounds like it would be fun. So just assuming you applied do you think you hve a good shot at getting in?

I already got accepted to VMI. But I'm not 100% sure I'm going to attend. I need to see if I have a 4-yr NROTC scholarship for VMI. The NROTC scholarship selection board meets until April, so I may not hear about a decision on my scholarship application for a while. And even if they give me a scholarship, it might not be for VMI. I'm all on pins and needles about this! :shake_125

By the way, some other cool stuff about VMI - I also got to see a Friday afternoon parade, like this one:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=c7j_FnE8VUQ

and their daily marches to the mess hall, like this one:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7VUTeIdtqb0

and nothing I've found beats this video ad for the VMI experience, including the videos they showed at the event.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4SpaKWHaxBE
(At this weekend event, I found out that a lot of the coolest parts of the video are taken from a mandatory PE course for freshman rats called "Rat Challenge.")

K-Dub1220

I don't think you are understanding. My point is that this question has been asked several times just in the last few months, so some perusing of the site will start to answer your questions w/out starting a whole new thread w/a very broad question.

Once you've looked through some threads here, you'll be able to ask more focused questions which will be far more helpful to you.

Agreed I just figured that it would be a lot easier for me to get my questions answered directly instead of fishing through others threads to figure out exactly what they were saying. I am not disagreeing with you however, I am agreeing with you completely...Im just stating why I started my ownthread

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
Hi K-Dub1220. As it was said before there is a wealth of information on AW and an awful lot of awesome experienced people willing to share invaluable knowledge with you. Check out the stickies, especially the "paths to a commission" forum to get started. Also, there's 16k+ members on this site so a heck of a lot of things have been covered; so don't be afraid of the search function. Also, as a younger member who as learned by trial and error good punctuation, grammar, and spelling is (or is it are? =) your friend.

Ps. Try not to ask what % get Jets.

Agreed I just figured that it would be a lot easier for me to get my questions answered directly instead of fishing through others threads to figure out exactly what they were saying. I am not disagreeing with you however, I am agreeing with you completely...Im just stating why I started my ownthread

dude easy on the lip service and jus use the search function.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
My suggestion to start with would be to search this site, get as much info as possible about the subject, and THEN ask questions that haven't been answered before (my guess is there aren't many).

Second, I wouldn't be referring to Naval/Marine Officers as "man" or telling them to calm down or telling them what to do. Show some respect. These folks are here to help, and if they come off hard it's for a reason. A huge part of Naval Aviation is having a thick skin and accept when someone is telling you something (be it good or bad).

robav8r

None
Contributor
Agreed I just figured that it would be a lot easier for me to get my questions answered directly instead of fishing through others threads to figure out exactly what they were saying.

Yep, it would be a lot easier. It would be a lot easier if I could just ask someone what the answers were to my annual NATOPS Open Book exam as well. Sometimes you need to do the work. And sometimes, others need to see you do the work. Hand in there, you'll get there eventually :D

Why does a landlocked country need a Navy?

map_bolivia_in_south_a_large.jpg