• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmd79

i was just wondering if anyone can help me. i am currently in the delayed entry program. my ship date is not until january, 2005. i have a bachelors degree in finance and a lot of people are telling me that with a bachelors, i need to go in as an officer to the navy, or not at all. i have taken the officer test and did not score high enough to be qualified for supplies. i have talked to my officer recruiter and enlisted recruiter about it. i havent found anyone who has gone into the navy, with a bachelors, as enlisted. i am going to retake the test, but should i hold out for officer, or go enlisted? is it that much harder to get OCS if you go in as enlisted? any advice would be great.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
There's definitely more red tape if you try to submit an application as active duty vice civilian. I would hold out for OCS, but depending on how you're doing financially, that may or may not be an option.

We have an E-6 in our command with a Masters, and he didn't get picked up for OCS. It's an inexact science I guess.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A fair amount of enlisted men have degrees these days. It is getting to the point where a degree is just about required for E-7. I refer people with degrees to enlisted recruiters all the time. It can be for academics performance, degree major, test scores, or their desired occupational field. If a guy really wants to work on nukes or be on subs but has a 2.9 in math or chemistry, he might want to go enlisted nuke. The officer program won't take him. If you are really into photography, being an air traffic controller or law enforcement, for instance, you have to go enlisted. Lots of those guys get degrees first.

Status
Not open for further replies.