• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New to Navy Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKitch

Hey everybody, I'm Nick from Panama City, Fl. I'm very new to this forum and was hoping I could learn a few things about how the Navy works. I'm a sophomore in college. I'm trying to get a degree in management, economics, marketing, or just any business degree... really doesn't matter too much. Can somebody give me a few ideas on what I can start looking at as far as becoming a Navy Pilot.

I guess, first of all I need to know what some of these abbreviations stand for. BDCP? MEPS? Etc...

I know quite a bit about the Air Force, but want to find out what the Navy is all about.

Thanks in advance,
Nick
NKitch@mchsi.com

WFU2USN

Nick,

BDCP is the Bachelor Degree Completion Program - there are a lot of details about it on this site.

MEPS is the Military Entrance Processing Station. This is where you do you physical at; your recruiter will set up the visit for your physical. All people entering the military, enlisted or officer, go through MEPS.

The military has TONS of acronyms for stuff, so you'll catch on eventually.

As far as becoming a pilot in the Navy...You'll need an excellent GPA and ASTB (Aviation Selection Test Battery) score. Unlike the Air Force, the Navy does not require you to have a tech. degree in order to fly. The board will look at your physical fitness assessment (PFA) results, leadership experience, work experience, letters of rec. and your personal statement.

I hope that helps!

Robin
IS2(SCW)

http://www.geocities.com/califchick1175/USN/navy.html

Status
Not open for further replies.