• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Love_My_Bean

Hi Miko,

My boyfriends designator is SNA, just like your husband!!

Right now I am doing ok. It gets a little hard when I really want to call him and talk but I know that I can't. I keep a positive outlook on the situation though...He is fulfilling his dream and in no time I will see him again (CHRISTMAS!!!). Oh and we get a phone call, or two, on Sundays!! That's my new favorite day! :eek:) My only advice for you is to keep busy while he is gone. It would be better for you if you are too preoccupied to get sad or lonely! :eek:) And you have this site to talk to all the ladies in the same situation as you, so you don't feel so alone.

Well, I hope you have a great evening, and let us know if you have any questions. :eek:)

mandmsam

Hello Miko,
I think my husband and yours will be going to OCS at the same time. He also leaves in Jan. And he is also SNA. It would be great to hear back from you.
mandmsam
Also welcome and congratulations on your wedding!

MIKO

Hi I_Love_My_Bean,
Thank you for the great advice...I'm glad to hear you're doing well!! Christmas will be here in no time!!! Take Care.

Hi Mandmsam,
Thank you for your welcome! OCS is just around the corner...My husband was also prior enlisted and decided about two years ago to go back in. I met him after he got out of the Navy, so this Navy life is all new to me...How are you doing with everything? I look forward to hear from you.
Miko
Have a good day! ;)

mandmsam

Hi Miko,
Well I am very anxious for him to go and get this over with. We have been anticipating this for a real long time. He has been in the BDCP program for 2 years. So its hard to beleive it is just around the corner. I am a little stressed out about the whole idea of moving but excited at the same time. He was enlisted for 6 years and then we decided to get out so he could finish college. We were not planning on getting back in. Although he found out about the BDCP program which changed our minds. It will be a very busy Christmas- my husband will graduate from college and we will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary!:) Then off to OCS. We have had a good 5 year gap with the military so it will take some time to get refreshed with everything. I feel so old after saying all that!:) Anyways it will be great to talk to someone whose husband will be gone at the same time!
M&Msam

slvinst8

Hey Mallissa! It's Rebecca, I was wondering when I was going to see you on! Getting down to the wire huh??? I have been meaning to give you guys a bcall, I'll have to PM you with all our goings-on of late! Right now we are still in Milton, anxiously waiting to get into our house in Virginia! PM me, and let me know how you are all doing! How is the weather in Colorado???? Rebecca

gagirl

mandmsam,

Welcome to the site! My husband just graduated OCS 11/14 and it is wonderful having him home. he has to keep reminding the girls that he's not leaving. They are very worried about that. It is all so exciting and scary at the same time. John was a Marine for 6 years and then got out for the last 10 years and we had our 12 year anniversary while at OCS. It does make you feel old, but 9/11 changed my husbands mind about serving again. He had to get back in. I think it's just born in some people to serve and I'm so proud of him as I'm sure you are of yours.

Miko, congratulations on your wedding. It will be hard, but so worth it! Graduation day is incredible watching your husband take the oath etc. not to mention looking hot as he!! in uniform!
Don't ever worry about a question you have. Always ask it. Chances are there is someone else thinking the same thing and there is no such thing as a stupid question. Everyone was/is always there to answer them or offer support in anyway.

I'm a little behind the times since I was gone for most of last week, but you or someone should set up a site for Jan. OCS class under the Private Corner. Kathy would have to set you up and may already have. That way the DI's or someone else can't read your posts and give your SO a hard time.
Everyone have a great night.
Anne

MIKO

Hi Anne,
Congratulations on your husbands graduation!! It's nice to hear how happy and excited you are. Do people who graduate from OCS normally get to go home for awhile right after graduation? Thank you for the encouragement...Hope to hear from you...
Have a wonderful evening!!
MIKO

Fred

Hi Everyone. I found this site awhile back and then forgot about it and just stumbled back by. I didn't realize they had a spouses corner.

My name is Ann. I have been married to my Navy pilot husband for 15.5 years. We have 4 kids, and he has been in the Navy 18.5 years, flying 17 of those.

I really envy those of you just starting out on this awesome path known as Naval Aviation. We have had a ball over the years. Enjoy it all you can, because the time flies! : )

dznavygrlfrd

Hi,
I'm new to the site. My boyfriend signed me up so I can learn more about what he will be doing and so I will have someone to talk to if I have any questions. He will be leaving for OCS on July 10th. I have a very vague understanding of what will be going on through out his career and I don't know a lot of the terms that you all have been using... Any suggestions on how I can learn or become familiar with the lingo? Do you know of any other chat groups that I might find some use out of?
Thanks!

Welcome dznavygrlfrd!
Look for one of the moderators, usually Kathy, to throw you an invitation to an amazing lifeline.
This site has an unlimited amount of valuable info. to answer ALL of your questions.
Even the one's your significant other(SO) probably doesn't even have answers to yet.
All it requires is for you to start asking away.
No room to be shy around here, and remember there are no dumb questions. We've all been in your shoes at one time or another, and are still constantly learn things daily.
Sharing that knowledge through the experiences of others is the benefit of this site.
Again welcome, and watch out for that "special" invite.
Good Luck to you both!
spin_125.gif

HrntDrvrsWife
cowboy_125.gif

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Welcome, dznavygrlfrd! You've been added to the list of users with access to the Private Spouse's Corner forum. If you have any trouble accessing it, let me know. I look forward to getting to know you!
icon_smile.gif

Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.