• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandmsam

Hello I just found this site a friend told me about. My husband will be leaving for OCS soon.He is prior enlisted and we decided a few years ago to get back in. Im a little nervous about the whole thing. We have three children that will be greatly missing their dad during his OCS time. Anyways just wanted to see how this forum works.
bouncy_125.gif

I_Love_My_Bean

Welcome aboard!! :eek:)
This site is a great way to meet other significant others in your position. I joined recently and the ladies on this forum are amazing.

What class is your husband in??
:eek:)

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
I've added you to the list of users with access to the Private Spouses Corner forum. Welcome!

mandmsam

Thank you for your welcome. My husband will be going in Jan-04 to OCS. I am very anxious to get this whole thing over with. We are just counting down the days.
apple_125.gif

JenniH

Jennifer
Hey! Welcome to the board!! Believe it or not, it does go by quickly. We are all or have been in the same boat. How old are your children? My husband graduated in July. We have a little girl, 2, and a baby that was born while he was in OCS. Let us know if you have ANY question!!

Jennifer

gagirl

Welcome!!

My husband graduates next Friday and is also prior enlisted. 9/11 really did it for us deciding on getting back in.

We also have 2 kids. 31/2 year old twin girls.
It has been hard with him gone and they definitely miss their daddy.

There are a few things he can do to help...
if you have a camcorder then you can record him reading one of thier favorite books so they can watch it all the time.

Another is he could leave a message on the answering machine for them so they can listen to it. We now have 5 that stay on there and they get listened to at least 3 plus times a day. They get so excited to hear his voice.

Since he's leaving after Christmas maybe he could give each of them a stuffed animal just from daddy that they can hold. THose teddy bears that you can make yourself are great b/c he could take the kids and do it together.

Just a few ideas. This forum is great and there is always someone willing to help you or scream with you and sometimes cry. We're all here for each other and we've all been in the same place.
Please ask if you have any more questions.
Anne

mandmsam

Thank you for some of the great ideas. I really like the teddy bear one. We also have twins boy-girl they are 7 and we have a 4 year old boy. Congratulations on your husbands graduation!!

MIKO

Hello everyone! I am also new to this site. My husband and I just got married a few months ago and he will be living to OCS in Jan. I am very nervous and excited for him...Everything is new to me...I trying my best to understand how everything works...I know it will be very difficult when he leaves.

I_Love_My_Bean

Welcome MIKO!!! Congratulations on your marriage!!! This site will definitely help you in regards to finding out more about OCS. And all the ladies here are great resources if you have any questions, especially the ones that had their significant others go through or are still going through OCS. I am pretty new to the site, but i have learned a lot from everyone on here. Please ask any questions you may have, I am sure someone will have an answer for you!! What is your husbands designator?

Hope to talk you soon! Have a great night!

MIKO

Thank you so much. I'm sure I have a lot to learn. My husband will be going in as a SNA (pilot). Has your husband/boyfriend gone through OCS yet? If so, is there anything I should be prepared for?

I_Love_My_Bean

He is going through it now! There is a lot to prepare for, mostly being away from each other. That will be the hardest thing for the both of you! It's tough at first, but it gets a little easier over time. You should really read some of the journals that are on this site...I'll get you some web links, but they will be very helpful when it comes to trying to understand what your husband will have to go through.

Hope you have a great day!

I_Love_My_Bean

Here are some links that I was given. They were really good, full of detail!! You will get a pretty good idea of what your husband will go through!

http://www.amdo.org/ocs.html
http://www.geocities.com/frogggystyle/hobbies/ocs.html

Hope it helps!

MIKO

Thank you for those two sites. They will be very helpful when he leaves. So, how are you doing right now while your husband's gone? Okay, I hope. What is your husbands designator?

I appreciate the information. Hope to talk to you soon!!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.