• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlight21

New rumor circulating about the Marines changing the standards to a 92 percent. Any word on this, or just another Lt based gossip

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
Sweet! It's not just the O-1's in Pensacola stirring the rumor mill anymore! Good grief.:icon_roll

Here's the deal: there is a reduction in force going on right now. One way they are looking to thin the herd is to increase the baseline scores at API. This doesn't mean that you need a 92 to pass a test. What it does mean is that you MIGHT need around a 92 average to have an NSS that will allow you to graduate. Simply stated, the standards to PASS API haven't changed, but the bar to graduate with a passing NSS is potentially going to be raised. Your NSS is calculated by your test scores, PRT, etc. (mostly test scores) then compared with the rolling average of other students that have gone through ahead of you. Basically, it's PFM and you won't know what you got until you check out and look at your ATJ. The academics in API are not very difficult, pay attention in class and study a bit outside of class. Unless you're a complete rock, you've probably got a better chance of getting the boot for causing trouble out in town while you're waiting to class up than academically attriting in API. So don't be retarded when you get down here!;)

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Van, are you sure you're talking about Marine passing scores? Not sure if MATSG-21 does things differently than Navy in the grades department.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Dude, Miller Lite is spelled Lite, not light . . . . sheesh

Maybe his last name is Miller and he is a Jr., and his dad is a big guy while he is very puny in comparison.... Hence the Miller LIGHT... vice Lite....

I know a lot of maybes, but I'm just sayin'... :icon_tong

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
New rumor circulating about the Marines changing the standards to a 92 percent. Any word on this, or just another Lt based gossip

That's a Quantico rumor. And even if it were true, by the time you will start API everything will be totally different. I checked into MATSG in November, I'm looking at July/August as the earliest. Worry about getting through TBS, then worry about what you are going to do with a year of paid vacation on the white sand beaches of Pensacola before you start to worry about API.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Sweet! It's not just the O-1's in Pensacola stirring the rumor mill anymore! Good grief.:icon_roll

Here's the deal: there is a reduction in force going on right now. One way they are looking to thin the herd is to increase the baseline scores at API. This doesn't mean that you need a 92 to pass a test. What it does mean is that you MIGHT need around a 92 average to have an NSS that will allow you to graduate. Simply stated, the standards to PASS API haven't changed, but the bar to graduate with a passing NSS is potentially going to be raised. Your NSS is calculated by your test scores, PRT, etc. (mostly test scores) then compared with the rolling average of other students that have gone through ahead of you. Basically, it's PFM and you won't know what you got until you check out and look at your ATJ. The academics in API are not very difficult, pay attention in class and study a bit outside of class. Unless you're a complete rock, you've probably got a better chance of getting the boot for causing trouble out in town while you're waiting to class up than academically attriting in API. So don't be retarded when you get down here!;)

This happened before in 2005 (to the YG '04 Navy SNAs)... Good luck.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot

Well, if you're down here already, ask the Colonel on Thursday when he asks what questions anyone has, and for the rumors that are being spread around...he IS serious when he poses that question at monthly formation...

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
Van, are you sure you're talking about Marine passing scores? Not sure if MATSG-21 does things differently than Navy in the grades department.

No, I wasn't talking about any specific branch scores. However, if the Navy is doing a RIF, then you can almost bet that the Marine Corps will have some sort of reduction as well. The "92 average" was just an arbitrary number that has been thrown around (including the OP) so I used it, notice I said "MIGHT". The grading system is the same for everyone in API, regardless of service. Now, that grade may mean something different depending on what service someone is in (Navy needs 92, USMC needs 90, etc), but their NSS coming out is calculated the exact same way.

Regardless, Swanee has it right. Don't worry about API stuff this far out. Get through what you need to get through now, get down here, have fun on "vacation", and stay out of trouble. Deal with API when you get closer to it.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
No, I wasn't talking about any specific branch scores. However, if the Navy is doing a RIF, then you can almost bet that the Marine Corps will have some sort of reduction as well. The "92 average" was just an arbitrary number that has been thrown around (including the OP) so I used it, notice I said "MIGHT". The grading system is the same for everyone in API, regardless of service. Now, that grade may mean something different depending on what service someone is in (Navy needs 92, USMC needs 90, etc), but their NSS coming out is calculated the exact same way.

Regardless, Swanee has it right. Don't worry about API stuff this far out. Get through what you need to get through now, get down here, have fun on "vacation", and stay out of trouble. Deal with API when you get closer to it.

No you can't, the manning in the Navy and Marine Corps are two completely separate entities. Yeah, they may be technically part of the Navy, but our manning does not have anything to do with theirs.

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
This thread is pointless. I was a dumbshit General Studies major with zero flight experience and had something like a 94 average. If you put the time in at API and ask questions you will have no problems. Scoring in the low 90's is easy if you put the time and effort in everyday AND GET HELP FROM INSTRUCTORS if you need it. (this will be a common theme in primary as well) Getting 100 is tough because there is always a couple tricky bs questions that throw off most of the class.

In short, if you graduated college and are willing to study hard for four weeks, a bump up of grade requirements is no biggy. Besides, this shit is constantly changing, who knows if it will even apply to you.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Another RUMOR thread wasting everyone's time. Thread closed.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.